Cycling is a healthy, low-impact exercise that can help protect you from serious diseases such as obesity, heart disease, cancer, mental illness, diabetes and arthritis.
Join other members who are pedaling away the stress, the blues, the inactivity and the Covid calories at the Y. You can find a cycling class at most of our locations, and if a class isn't your thing, you can hop on a bike at one of our fitness centers.
Chad Prokop, associate executive director at South Bay Family YMCA, is a personal trainer and certified indoor cycling instructor. He tells us why we should consider a cycling class:
- Burn calories, build muscular strength/endurance and increase cardiovascular performance.
- Increase your cardiovascular capacity. Cyclling challenges your heart and lungs to work differently than when at rest, resulting in a higher energy output or calorie burn.
- Class environments offer the benefit of certified instructors who will set you up correctly and provide cues to keep you moving safely.
- Adjust your own speed, resistance and intensity.
- Our cycles are safe, clean, and socially distanced.
- Riders leave our classes feeling positive, motivated and accomplished!