Funding Available for Cleaning and Supplies for Child Care Providers (CSCP)
The State of California is providing funds to help cover the costs of cleaning and health & safety supplies for eligible child care providers.
Child care providers have three options:
- Receive funding for allowable expenses at a rate of $65.89 per child.
- Obtain supplies directly from the Y at a later date.
- Choose a combination of both funding and future supplies.
For detailed information, read the full letter from the California Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to receive the funding?
Child care providers must be currently open or intend to reopen during the COVID-19 emergency. Providers may be either licensed centers, licensed family child care homes, license-exempt centers, or license-exempt home-based providers. License-exempt programs must serve families who receive child care subsidies.
How can funds be used?
Funds may be utilized for supplies and cleaning services purchased between March 4, 2020 through December 31, 2020. The CSCP funds must be used to ensure healthy and safe child care. Allowable expenses include:
- Cleansers and sanitizers;
- Masks, gloves, and other personal supplies necessary to protect against and reduce the spread of the Novel Coronavirus;
- Labor costs associated with additional time for cleaning or cleaning services;
- Supplies including instructional materials necessary to implement social distancing and other reasonable health and safety costs associated with COVID-19.
How much funding will child care providers receive?
The funding allocation is $65.89 per child. Awards will be allocated to licensed providers based on either the licensed capacity or the number of children served, whichever is larger. For license-exempt providers, capacity shall be the total number of subsidized children the provider serves at any single time.
For example, a licensed facility with a licensed capacity of 20 would receive $1,317.80 (20 x $65.89).
How do I apply?
Fill out the online application. You will receive a follow-up email within 3 business days with further instructions on documents to submit.
Email [email protected].