Tax season is almost upon us and we've partnered again with 2-1-1 San Diego to make sure you have all of the information about the California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) and the Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC). If you qualify, these state tax credits may reduce the amount you owe or even increase your tax refund.
WHAT IS CALEITC?
CalEITC is a cashback tax credit for working people who have earned a low to moderate income in California. Families were able to use this additional income to help with everything from groceries and transportation to building savings and establishing their financial security.
WHAT IS YCTC?
People who qualify for CalEITC and have a child under the age of 6, may also qualify for a tax credit of up to $1000 through Young Child Tax Credit.
LEARN MORE about each of these credits.
People may qualify for CalEITC if they are:
- At least 18 years old
- Earned income of $30,000 or less
Check your eligibility HERE.
GREAT! WHAT NEXT?
The next step is to file taxes. Local volunteers are here to help prepare and file tax returns either in person or online.
WEBINAR - TAX SEASON 2022 & COVID-19 UPDATES
In this webinar, representatives from Legal Aid Society of San Diego’s Unemployment Insurance Benefit (UIB) and Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) will explain important updates and details for the Tax Filing Season for 2022, specifically new COVID-19 tax updates related to:
- Third Golden State Economic Impact Payment (EIP)
- State Stimulus I-II Advanced Child Tax Credit Payments (CTC)
- Selected key credits including Interest Income, Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Unemployment, and Premium Tax Credit
- Legal Services provided by our organization, particularly the Taxpayer Rights and Education team
Download the presentations beforehand: