**THIS INFORMATION WAS TAKEN FROM AN EMAIL SENT BY COMMUNITY CARE LICENSING TO LICENSED CHILD CARE PROVIDERS ON OCTOBER 25, 2021 **
If you are a child care provider and would like more information, review the Community Care Licensing Website.
Resources and Information for Flu Season:
To assist CCLD licensees and providers, the Department has compiled resources to help navigate through the flu season. The flu vaccination is the best way to protect communities against the flu, keeping people healthy and out of the hospital. Also, as the COVID-19 pandemic continues into a second flu season, vaccination against flu will help reduce strain on California's hospitals. The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) recommends the flu vaccine for all Californians 6 months of age and older.
- CDPH updated flu education materials for children, child care providers, and workers
- CDPH Influenza (Flu) and Other Respiratory Diseases
- CDPH Video: Do Your Part, Get Your Flu Shot Today
- Flu 2021 Toolkit from CDPH, in partnership with the California Immunization Coalition
- Flu 2021 seasonal flu vaccination toolkit from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Resources and Information for COVID-19:
It is likely that in addition to the flu and colds, the COVID-19 virus will continue to circulate through the fall and winter months. In addition to getting the flu vaccine, it is recommended that people be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Flu and COVID-19 symptoms (which may include runny nose, cough, sore throat, fever, body aches, and more) can look similar. For this reason, if people are experiencing symptoms, they should be tested for COVID-19 regardless of vaccination status.
- Protect Yourself and Your Family from COVID-19 Toolkit
- Includes Fact Sheet in English, Spanish, Arabic
- CDPH Video: COVID-19 Community Conversation with Dr. Pankaj Vij, MD (in Punjabi)
- CDPH Testing & COVID-19 – What You Need to Know
- CDPH Fact Sheet: COVID-19 Testing in California – What You Need to Know
- CDPH Video: COVID-19 – When to Test and Re-Test
- Get the Facts on COVID-19 Vaccines, Boosters, and Additional Doses
- COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Questions & Answers
- Visiting Healthcare Settings Toolkit
- CDPH Interim Guidance for Ventilation, Filtration, and Air Quality in Indoor Environments
Resources and Information for Parents and Guardians of Children Participating in Child Care and In-Person School:
CCLD Child Care Licensing and California Safe Schools for All has guidance and resources available for parents and guardians of children who are going back to school for full in-person instruction. Schools are taking steps to ensure the safety of children as they return to the classroom, including: encouraging the COVID-19 vaccine for those eligible (children age 12 and above), and implementing protocols for wearing masks, ventilation in classrooms, hand washing, staying home when sick, COVID-19 testing, and contact tracing.
- Guidance for Child Care Providers and Programs
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About Reopening Schools
- CDPH Video – Seven Tips for Safe Schools
- CDPH Video – How Parents Can Help Keep Schools Safe
- CDPH Video – Importance of In-Person Learning
- CDPH Video – What to do if Your Child is Exposed
- Parent Toolkit
- Safe Schools Parent Page
For questions, please contact your local Regional Office or other designated CCLD Contact:
Child Care Regional Offices
Please continue to monitor the CCLD homepage for updated information regarding COVID-19.