Sports Performance Training
Velocity provides a safe and structured sports development program for teens that teaches discipline on and off athletic fields. Our goal is to provide young athletes with more athletic agility, speed and explosion, and a base-level knowledge of common sports. We want to inspire young men and women to love being active, stay healthy and cultivate a desire to make exercise part of their daily lives.
With Velocity now at the South Bay Family YMCA, our athletes will participate in various speed, sports performance, strength and conditioning activities. These activities include:
- Goal setting to identify specific performance targets
- Athletic assessments to evaluate the current situation and the gap between the desired performance
- Implementation of proper technique for different types of movements for various sports
To keep athletes safe, all our trainers and coaches are AED- and CPR-certified. For every 10 athletes, we will have a certified personal trainer or wellness counselor providing instruction and supervision. We provide 10-minute breaks every 30-minutes during training camp sessions. Water is provided for all athlete participants during hours of instruction. Most importantly our sessions will be fun and enjoyable for all athletes to keep them engaged and motivated.
Location: South Bay Family YMCA
Instruction Times: 12:00 - 3:00pm
Max Participation: 20 spots available
Date(s): November 20-22
Age Range: 12-18 years old
Cost: $206 non-YMCA members | YMCA members save up to 25% off
12:00 — 12:15 pm
12:15 — 12:30 pm
12:30 — 1:00 pm
1:00 — 2:00 pm
2:00 — 2:15 pm
Q & A and lunch
2:15 — 3:00 pm
*Athletes must be picked up no later than 3pm
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is lunch provided? Lunch will not be provided for athletes. Athletes are encouraged to bring their own lunches and extra water. We encourage families to feed athletes at least one hour prior to arrival.
- Will athletes be working with older or younger athletes? Athletes will be grouped by size, strength and age to provide safe and productive instructional training sessions.
- Do athletes need to attend all the training sessions? Athletes do not need to attend all sessions; however, we strongly recommend that they do. Families will be charged the full amount for a session even if they elect to only attend for one day of a scheduled session.