SUMMER FAMILY RETREATS
NEW FOR SUMMER 2020
Family Retreats are available at both YMCA Camp Marston and YMCA Camp Surf! While state and local regulations prevent us from operating our traditional Marston experience this summer, they do allow us to rent our cabins out to families (and their extended family and friends) so that they may come and experience the beauty of our mountains, Lake Jessop and all it has to offer together! Reserve your cabin today!
Come stay in your own two-room cabin in one of our modern lodge buildings. Each Lodge will have 2 families staying in it. Each family group will have their own bathroom (2 toilets, 2 Showers, 2 sinks) and their own entrance/exit door. While each cabin has a total of 6 bunk beds, we are limiting each cabin group to 6 family members. Each lodge has a lounge area with a fireplace. Due to physical distancing requirements, the lounge in each lodge will not be available for families to use unless both families in the lodge are from the same bubble group/cohort/family group. Intermingling of families from different groups in the lounge will not be permitted. Guests must provide their own linens and towels. Just bring a bottom sheet and sleeping bag for that true camping feel!
Dates, Rates and Times
Two-night stays are available over the weekend (Fri -Sun) or skip the crowds and enjoy a mid-week getaway (Tues-Thurs).
Rate: $160 per person ages 5 and over (4 and under are free!) - Max of 6 people per cabin
Friday - Sunday
- July 3-5
- July 10-12
- July 17-19
- July 24-26
- July 31-August 2
- August 7-9
- August 14-16
Tuesday - Thursday
- July 7-9
- July 14-16
- July 21-23
- July 28-30
- August 4-6
- August 11-13
You can never be bored at Marston! Activities will vary throughout the retreat. Signs at each activity will provide guidance for distancing, sanitation, and mask wearing.
Staffed activities will be open for either the morning or afternoon. For staff-led activities, staff will sanitize equipment at the end of each activity session.
Throughout the day families will have the opportunity to participate in self-guided activities. For self-guided activities, guests will be responsible for sanitizing equipment before and after use. Camp staff will sanitize equipment periodically throughout the day.
Below are some fun-filled Marston skills and activites for your family to experience together:
- Climbing Tower
- Slingshot Paintball
- Guided Hikes
- Campfire / Sing-a-long
- Disc/Frisbee Golf
- Shelter Building
- Candle Making
- Trail Hiking
- GaGa Ball
Our food service staff provide options for many types of food allergies or intolerances. Please notify camp staff prior to arrival at camp if your family has any specific dietary needs. Food will be served cafeteria style by our food service staff in accordance to San Diego County regulations. All drinks will be served by parent/guardian of family group. Meals will be provided by camp from breakfast on your first morning through breakfast on the final day of your stay. Please plan for dinner on your own for arrival day.
Need Help or Have Questions?
- Family Retreat FAQ's - includes details regarding check-in, parking, and more.
- Additional HEALTH & SAFETY information related to Family Retreats and COVID-19.
Would you rather retreat to the beach this summer?
Family Retreats at YMCA Camp Surf in Imperial Beach could be the answer you're looking for!
- Weekends available for group rentals/retreat from late August through May every year with groups sizes of 25-240.
- Great food, modern accommodations and safe, fun activities run by our trained staff.
- Make your weekend getaway a success – with as little stress as possible! Large indoor meeting space for your group’s needs.
- Special Events such as our Women’s Wellness Weekend, Volunteer weekends, High School and Middle School Leadership weekends, and summer camp teen retreats happen throughout the year.
- Typical weekend pricing:
- $134 per person
- 2 Nights (Check-in Friday at 4pm - Checkout Sunday at Noon)
- 4 Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on Sat; Breakfast on Sunday)
To check availability, get more info, or schedule a camp tour:
Email Simon Hansen [email protected] or give us a call at (760) 765-0642.
Opportunities for the Whole Family
- Mothers Day Family Retreat: Join us for a Mother’s Day brunch and a whole lot of family fun!
- Labor Day Family Retreat: Wrap up summer with an amazing weekend at camp. Summer camp for the whole family!
- Halloween Family Retreat: Complete with trick-or-treating and a spooky Halloween Carnival!
- Thanksgiving Family Retreat: Kick back and enjoy an extravagant Thanksgiving feast with friends and family while we take care of the cooking and cleaning!
For more information please contact [email protected] or call 760 765 0642
Specialty Family Retreats
- Autism Family Retreat: YMCA of San Diego County Overnight Camps and Autism Society San Diego have teamed up to provide families who are part of the autism community with a fun weekend!
Women's Wellness Weekend
The YMCA of San Diego County's "Women’s Wellness Weekend" is an opportunity for the women of San Diego to come together and create community around personal health and wellness.
Throughout the weekend Women will have the chance to participate in classic camp activities like rock climbing, archery and crafting, participate in talks and workshops on health, wellness, nutrition and mindfulness, experience a variety of fitness classes all taught by YMCA Health and Wellness Professionals.