FAMILY CABIN RENTALS
Now Taking Reservations for 2021
This coming summer, YMCA Camp Marston will transition back to summer youth camps as we recently received authorization from the Health Department to resume normal operations, effective June 1st.
But until then, we will be operating our very popular Family Cabin Rental program during April, May and early June! Families have absolutely loved this cabin rental program. Camp is an excellent place to be during the pandemic, plenty of outdoor space and reduced capacities have provided a healthy alternative for family fun. Use Camp Marston as a base to explore our hiking trails, or all the attractions of Julian and the backcountry. Spring is a beautiful season in the mountains.
We're calling them "cabin rentals" but they're really modern lodge buildings! Each lodge has private bathrooms (4 toilets, 4 Showers, 4 sinks), a lounge area with a fireplace, and four individual bunk rooms. While each lodge normally has a capcity of 24 people, we are limiting each cabin/lodge group to 12 family members (from the same household) to encourage safe social distancing. Guests must provide their own linens and towels. Just bring a twin-size bottom sheet and sleeping bag for that true camping feel!
View Lodge Layout
Dates, Rates and Times
Two night stays are available, either Friday-Sunday or Tuesday-Thursday.
Check In: 4:00 on day of reservation.
Check Out: 5 pm on last day of reservation – NO RUSH – because early check-outs are a bummer
Base Rate: $350 for 2 nights, family of 4. Additional family members at $70 each.
Alumni Lodge Rate: $400 2 nights, family of 4. Extra’s at $75 each (Alumni Lodge includes full kitchen).
*Food and staff-led activities will not be provided.
Friday - Sunday
- April 30-May 2 - Register Now
- May 7-9 - Register Now
- May 14-16 - Register Now
- May 21-23 - Register Now
- May 28-30 - Register Now
- June 4-6 - Coming Soon
Tuesday - Thursday
- April 27-29 - Register Now
- May 4-6 - Register Now
- May 11-13 - Register Now
- May 18-20 - Register Now
- May 25-27 - Register Now
- June 1-3 - Register Now
Families will have the opportunity to participate in self-guided activities. Guests will be responsible for sanitizing equipment before and after use. Camp staff will sanitize equipment periodically throughout the day.
Below are some fun-filled Marston skills and activites for your family to experience together:
- Hiking (250 acres of trails, maps provided)
- Fishing (bring your own rods/tackle)
- Disc/Frisbee Golf
- GaGa Ball
- Sand Volleyball
- Bird Blind Wildlife Observation
Food service will not be provided during your stay. Please plan on bringing a cooler and (optional) cook stove as lodges do not have kitchens or stoves. A half-sized refrigerator is in each lodge, there are fireplaces with grills for cooking, or a propane bbq grill is available to all at the camp dining hall. Free ice available for your cooler. Restaurants are operating in nearby Julian, go to Visitjulian.com for listings.
Need Help or Have Questions?
- Family Cabin Rental FAQ's - includes details regarding check-in, parking, and more.
- Additional HEALTH & SAFETY information related to Family Cabin Rentals and COVID-19.
If you have any questions or need help registering, please email Tom Madeyski at [email protected].
Is the beach more your style?
Family camping opportunities are also available at our sister camp YMCA Camp Surf in Imperial Beach!
RE-OPENING IN FALL 2021
Weekends available for group rentals/retreat from late August through May every year with groups sizes of 25-240.
- Great food, modern accommodations and safe, fun activities run by our trained staff.
- Make your weekend getaway a success – with as little stress as possible! Large indoor meeting space for your group’s needs.
- Special Events such as our Women’s Wellness Weekend, Volunteer weekends, High School and Middle School Leadership weekends, and summer camp teen retreats happen throughout the year.
- Typical weekend pricing:
- $154 per person
- 2 Nights (Check-in Friday at 4:00pm - Checkout Sunday at Noon)
- 4 Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on Sat; Breakfast on Sunday)
To check availability, get more info, or schedule a camp tour:
Please email Tom Madeyski at [email protected] for more info.
Opportunities for the Whole Family
- Labor Day Family Retreat: Wrap up summer with an amazing weekend at camp. Summer camp for the whole family!
- Halloween Family Retreat: Complete with trick-or-treating and a spooky Halloween Carnival!
- Thanksgiving Family Retreat: Kick back and enjoy an extravagant Thanksgiving feast with friends and family while we take care of the cooking and cleaning!
- Mothers Day Family Retreat: Join us for a Mother’s Day brunch and a whole lot of family fun!
Family Retreat Registration Form
For more information please contact [email protected] or call 760 765 0642
Specialty Family Retreats
- Autism Family Retreat: YMCA of San Diego County Overnight Camps and Autism Society San Diego have teamed up to provide families who are part of the autism community with a fun weekend!
Women's Wellness Weekend
The YMCA of San Diego County's "Women’s Wellness Weekend" is an opportunity for the women of San Diego to come together and create community around personal health and wellness.
Throughout the weekend Women will have the chance to participate in classic camp activities like rock climbing, archery and crafting, participate in talks and workshops on health, wellness, nutrition and mindfulness, experience a variety of fitness classes all taught by YMCA Health and Wellness Professionals.