Why Autism Family Camp
The YMCA of San Diego County Overnight Camps and Autism Society San Diego have teamed up to provide families who are part of the autism community with a fun weekend in the mountains of Julian.
Family time is important and there’s no better place to make friends and be yourself than YMCA Camp Marston.
YMCA Family Camps
Family camping has been a part of YMCA Camp Marston and Raintree Ranch for over 25 years, and many families have made it a family tradition. We offer seven family camps throughout the year, including two with Autism Society San Diego.
Family camp is the ultimate place for families to spend time together in the outdoors - with delicious food, great activities and well-trained, engaging staff.
Who Should Sign Up
Anyone who is a current member of Autism Society San Diego or those who wish to join are welcome to sign up for this fun-filled weekend. If you are not a member and wish to sign up, please contact Autism Society San Diego at (858) 715-0678. This program is open to families and children of all ages. Parents are responsible for supervising their own children.
What to Expect
- Families will check–in between 4-8:00 PM on Friday and depart at 11:00 AM on Sunday.
- Lodging is in modern winterized cabins with indoor restrooms and a living room with a fireplace. Each family gets their own room containing 6 beds in bunk bed style.
- WiFi is available camp-wide.
- Trained YMCA staff will facilitate camp activity areas, including:
- Climbing tower
- Arts and crafts
- Field games
- And more!
- Autism Society San Diego staff and volunteers will facilitate community-specific activities and talks.