For updates on the status of YMCA Overnight Camps programs please visit the COVID-19 FAQ page.
We are excited to invite you to the beach for a summer of adventure at YMCA Camp Surf. Camp Surf's day camp is a caring environment that focuses on building friendships and confidence. Participating campers are led by trained staff dedicated to nurturing confidence and social skills through fun activities including archery, surfing, body boarding, crafts, climbing tower, games, and more!
At the YMCA of San Diego County, we believe all kids deserve the chance to experience the life-changing power of camp. Since 1882, our camps have inspired kids with countless opportunities to laugh, lead and make lasting friendships.
YMCA Camp Surf offers a unique oceanfront environment where youth are introduced to outdoor experiences, they can nurture their passions, and explore new interests.
WHAT’S THE SAME
- Wide variety of activities for your child to explore
- Outdoor play at the beach
- Opportunity to make friends
- Peace of mind for working parents
For the best experience, create or sign into your My Y Profile first. Also, please note that an active membership is required at the time of the program start date to receive the member pricing discount.
Need Help or Have Questions?
Our top priority is the health and safety of our campers, their families, our staff and the community. We are working closely with local health officials, the American Camp Association and the CDC to ensure all recommended safety measures are met.
While the COVID-19 virus is challenging us to make camp look different this year, you’ll find the same high-quality camp experience you’ve come to expect from the Y.
Our day camp operations will meet or exceed the required standards set forth by local and national experts to ensure a safe experience, including:
- Campers should bring water in a refillable water bottle.
- Parents should apply sunscreen before campers arrive at camp in the morning, as staff will no longer be able to apply sunscreen to campers upon request. Campers will need to re-apply their own sunscreen.
- Daily temperature checks are mandatory for all campers and staff before check-in. Any camper with a temperature exceeding 100°F will not be allowed to attend camp that day.
- Low staff-to-camper ratios
- Camp groups will retain the same assigned staff all week.
- Frequent handwashing and enhanced sanitation practices.
- Staff will sanitize supplies and facilities throughout the day.
- Camp activities will follow social distancing guidelines.
- Camp groups will have limited to no interaction with other groups, following social distancing guidelines.
- Campers will participate in on-site activities only.
- Suspended activities include field trips; large group activities; family events including end-of-camp performances/beach carnival.
- Staff has been provided with personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Staff has been trained in new COVID-19 procedures and safety protocols.
- Download the full Modified Camp Procedures Guide
- All registrations must be made online at ymcasd.org.
- A $50 deposit can be made at the time of registration to save a spot in camp without immediately paying the full amount. Deposits are non-refundable – but can be applied as a deposit for another camp if space is available.
- Full payment is due by end-of-day Monday, a week before camp. Non-payment will result in the camper being removed from the roster and their space becoming available to new registrants. A $25 late fee will be added to registrations starting the Tuesday before the start of camp.
- Due to health and safety protocols, we can only offer day camp to a limited number of campers. Registration is based on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage anyone interested in camp to register as soon as possible.
- These unprecedented times have created an unprecedented need for financial assistance. Please email us at [email protected] to discuss options that may be available to you.
- Vouchers can be applied to new day camp registrations during checkout.
- Vouchers are tied to the same account you registered with, and are applied to new programs during the checkout process.
- You can also choose to apply the voucher to another Y program, convert the voucher into a refund, or donate all or part of it to help support the YMCA’s efforts in supporting our community.
- If you register for a camp and do not see the voucher application option appear during the checkout process, don't worry — simply register for the camp with a $25 deposit to save your space, then email us at [email protected] for help.
- Friend Requests
- Requests must be received by the Wednesday before camp starts
- Requests must be provided by the families of both campers
- Both campers must be registered for the same camp
- Campers are limited to 1 friend request per camp each week
- Camp Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Drop-off Hours: 8:00 - 8:30am
- Pick-up Hours: 4:00 - 4:30pm
For children ages 7-17 years of age
- Y Member: $315
- Participant: $360
- Scholarships Available
|Session 1: June 21-25, 2021||Session 6: July 26-30, 2021|
|Session 2: June 28-July 2, 2021||Session 7: August 2-6, 2021|
|Session 3: July 6-9, 2021*||Session 8: August 9-13, 2021|
|Session 4: July 12-16, 2021||Session 9: August 16-20, 2021|
|Session 5: July 19-23, 2021||Session 10: August 23-27, 2021|
SIGN-IN / SIGN OUT
Authorized parent(s)/guardian(s) must accompany their camper through the mandatory sign-in process, which includes a temperature check and an intake screening. Any camper with a temperature exceeding 100°F degrees will not be allowed to attend camp that day.
Authorized parent(s)/guardian(s) must also wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth, and use their own pen for the legal signature required at drop-off and pick-up. A government-issued photo ID is also required at pick-up.
IMPORTANT FORMS REQUIRED PRIOR TO CAMP
As part of our new safety procedures, all campers must complete a new waiver and medical form online PRIOR to attending camp at the Y. We have made this easy for you to update at home. Here's how:
- Log into your My Y Account
- If you’re not sure what your account password is or you haven’t logged in before, recover your password with the email you provided us (at ymcasd.org/recover)
- Find the Legal & Medical tab.
- Locate the camper in your family and click on Update for the Waiver and fill out the requested information.
- If your camper's medical form needs to be completed or revised click on Update for the Medical form.
- Please check the photo waiver.
- Fill out the medical form as completely as possible.
- If indicated during the process, download and fill out one of these supplementary forms:
- Permission to Administer Medication
- Physician's Care Form
- That's it! Repeat for any other family members in camp.
You can find Spanish versions and individual forms in the medical section of our form library.
In order to provide the safest experience for your camper, we have decided to remove the “Sugar Shack” Camp Store from the Summer 2021 program. In addition, due to the constant change in Dining guidelines from the County, Lunch will not be provided. Please be sure to pack a lunch, snacks, drink and reusable water bottle for your campers each day.
LATE PICK-UP POLICY
Children not picked up at the end of the camp day will be supervised by our staff.
A fee of $1 per minute will be charged when camp closes. For example: If a full day of camp ends at 4:30 pm, and if a child is picked up at 4:56 pm, there will be a charge of $26. Every attempt will be made to contact parents or a listed authorized pick-up.
If by 6:00pm all contacts are not reachable, and the child has not been picked up, Child Protective Services will be contacted. A late fee will be assessed starting at 4:30pm or 5:30pm depending on your registered groups scheduled pick-up time.
With so many unknowns surrounding COVID-19 and its effects on camp operations this summer we created a FAQ page to answer your most commonly asked questions. This page will be updated frequently as the situation evolves. Now more than ever, our campers will need the meaningful social connections that camp provides. Stick with us as we work to ensure a safe, healthy, and fun camp experience.
Camp Surf - Payment / Refund Policy
We understand circumstances change and that you may need to revisit your camp options.
Cancellation: Cancellation requests received prior to the start of the camp week will receive a 100 percent refund or Y-voucher minus the deposit. Requests received the first day of camp will receive a 75 percent refund or Y-voucher minus the deposit and camp vendor fees*. Additional service fees may be applied to credit card refunds. Refunds and Y-vouchers are not given if the cancellation request is received after the first day of camp. Missed camp and/or sick days are not eligible to receive refunds or Y-vouchers.
*Certain branches and camps may have specific cancellation requirements outside of our general policy. Please check with your camp director to confirm a specific camp’s cancellation requirement.
Y-Vouchers: Y-vouchers do not expire and are valid for any program at all YMCA locations in San Diego County. Y-vouchers can be transferred to another member of your family or friend.
Transfer Request: Transfer requests are accepted, space permitted, before the start of camp. Camp fee differences must be paid at the time of transfer. All transfers are subject to availability. *Due to COVID-19 procedures, transfers cannot be guaranteed after the start of the camp week.
A full list of our guidelines and policies can be found on our Day Camp Parent Manual. The Day Camp Parent Manual will be emailed to all participants.