Why three prices?
We offer a voluntary, three-tiered pricing program based on the needs of your family. This program is completely confidential and in no way affects the quality of the experience your child receives.
$150 deposit is required for all registrations and is applied to the total amount due
Price A is the lowest cost, funded by donations to the greatest extent possible.
Price B is partially sponsored by contributed funds, and
- Price C represents the actual cost of camp operations, including long-term wear, tear, and depreciation. Families, like you, have voluntarily paid the B and C prices to ensure Raintree Ranch continues to thrive. Since 2005 more than $500,000 has been given to offset repair and replacement costs at our camps.
Balance Dues: 3 separate balance due dates for sessions 1-3 (05/26/22) , session 4-6 (06/16/22) and sessions 7-9 (07/14/22).
Scholarships Available - As a mission-driven nonprofit organization, the YMCA is committed to serving everyone in our community and ensure they have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive — which is why we provide financial aid through our ACCESS Scholarship Program, reducing the cost of memberships, program fees, and child care services offered by the YMCA of San Diego County.
Choose an Age Group to View Rates and Learn More
The riders program is focused on horseback riding, caring for horses, and camp fun!
A program not only full of horses but friendship, discovery, and new outdoor activities as well.
Members — Save 10%
Key Info for Raintree Riders
- 44 horses for 85 campers = tons of time with horses.
- Half of each day is spent in arena lessons, trail rides, and equine classes.
- Riders also gain knowledge of horse care and develop a stronger sense of responsibility through ranch chores including feeding, washing, and brushing their horse companions.
- Quality instruction in small groups (western tack).
- All levels of riders are served from 1st-time beginners to advanced riders.
- Horse Show & BBQ for parents.
- All the best YMCA Summer Camp activities too: swimming, canoeing, archery, crafts, team building, hikes, campfires, skits, and more.
- Built-in support time for rest, getting ready, applying sunscreen, and the many things young people need help with
- Nutritious meals with fruit and cereal at breakfast, a salad bar at lunch and dinner
- Fun evening programs like campfires, skits, and scavenger hunts
- Bedtime routines include brushing teeth (yes we’ll make sure…!), a quiet story or activity, and time to share thoughts and adventures from the day
- Staff stay in the cabins overnight, the campers are always with an adult
Register Online for Riders
This one-week program is designed for campers looking to begin the leadership process to eventually move into a camp staff or volunteer role, or any profession as a youth leader.
Members — Save 10%
Key Info for Pegasus CIT
- Campers will participate in riding and camp activities but also practice leadership skills with younger campers.
- Hands-on experience, youth development training, with positive staff role models.
- Nutritious meals with fruit and cereal at breakfast, a salad bar at lunch, and dinner.
- Only one CIT session is allowed per camper each summer.
- If a camper is staying for multiple weeks, the CIT session must be scheduled as their last week on-site.
Register Online for Pegasus CIT
The key focus for Pegasus LIT is working as a leader in a cabin group of younger campers, learning leadership skills and assisting camp staff during horse lessons.
We combine traditional YMCA values and leadership with a schedule that our teens love in a place where everyone is welcome.
Members — Save 10%
Key Info for Pegasus LIT
- Availability is limited.
- Register online for Pegasus LIT.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 1-week previous experience as a Raintree camper.
- Pegasus LIT participants will not be riding horses on a regular basis, instead, they will be focusing on leadership skills.
- Two weeks for the price of one! A reduced rate is offered since LIT's will spend a significant amount of their time assisting campers and staff with horses.
- If attending camp also as a "regular camper" (aka Raintree Riders) the LIT session must be scheduled as your last session at camp.
To apply, or need more information please contact, Tami Tharp at [email protected]
Key Info for Raintree Camp Assistants
- This is a volunteer commitment to the YMCA Raintree Ranch, free of charge.
- Campers must fill out an application and be selected by the Camp Director.
- LIT program or equivalent is a prerequisite.
- Although technically still a camper, Camp Assistants will gain the skills necessary to co-lead a cabin with a senior staff member.
- CA's will help to plan activities and work with wranglers.
- CA's accrue Volunteer Service Hours (a verification letter will be provided).
TO APPLY - Please complete and return the 2022 Application Form. Please note - There are a VERY limited number of openings for the CA program each summer and acceptance into the program is not guaranteed.