Youth Resiliency Center
The Youth Resiliency Center of YMCA Youth & Family Services aims to provide an innovative combination of therapeutic support and individualized coaching to youth in foster care/out of home placements who have experienced physical, sexual, financial or emotional harm.
The center serves youth in foster care/out-of-home placements who have suffered physical, sexual, financial or emotional harm in San Diego County
Participants must be between the ages 8-25 years and have suffered physical, sexual, financial or emotional harm in San Diego County. There is no limit to number of sessions and no cost to the participants.
About the Program
- Consistent social support regardless of placement location
- Coaching/mentor services to meet individual needs including community integration and practical life skills
- Emphasis on trauma-informed care
- Incorporate elements that focus on sensory regulation and mind-body connection
- Aims to fill in gaps in mental health treatment for those individuals not formally involved in foster care system, but who are in out-of-home placement with relatives
CONTACT OUR COUNSELING SERVICES
For more information about Counseling Services, or to schedule your first session, please contact:
Brittany Vetter, LCSW
619-281-8313 ext. 10725