Do you live with a supportive adult and wish to remain with them?
The host family model will provide a safe, stable environment that will support and nurture an existing relationship that you have with a caring, supportive adult. This is a housing program which is designed to support you and your relationship with your chosen HOST in a family-like setting.
This program is available to current foster youth ages 18-21 (Non-Minor Dependents).
Host families are identified as:
- A caring and supportive adult who has a pre-existing relationship with the participant
- An adult committed to supporting the participant in a family like setting
- A comfortable living environment with certain expectations and oversight of the participant
Long term and lasting relationships are essential to the success of a Non Minor Dependent. Through this innovative approach to transitional housing, young people experience stability, live in an environment that mirrors an intact family, increase well-being and avoids the possibility of disruptions in housing.
Non-Minor Dependent Benefits
- $500 monthly stipend
- Increase independent living skills
- Support in goal attainment and emotional wellness
- $50 monthly savings received at exit
HOST Family Benefits
- $500 monthly stipend to host family
- Access to program staff 24/7
- Monthly check-ins
- Crisis Intervention
- In Home services
- Non Minor Dependent, Host Family, and Social worker agree that host family is a good fit for youth
- Social Worker completes county referral and provides potential host information
- Potential host family and youth are interviewed by YFS
- YFS offers contingent acceptance to participant and potential host
- YFS initiates background checks on all adults in the home and certification of residence
- Upon receipt of background clearance and approval of home inspection, a final acceptance is offered
For more information about our HOST housing program, email [email protected].