SUPPORTING LGBTQ+ YOUTH LIVING WITH INTERSECTING IDENTITIES
Intersections provides resources to LGBTQ+ youth ages 17 to 24 by exploring the unique barriers and struggles of living with intersecting identities. The environment is inclusive, affirming and healing.
This unique program offers a full range of services designed to empower young people to advocate for inclusive policies that reduce the risk of marginalization and substance use dependence. Activities include:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy sessions that focus on substance use prevention.
- Youth-led sober recreational activities.
- Youth-led freestyle identity circles to explore intersecting identities.
- Monthly activities with guest speakers, advocates, creatives, and healers.
- Block parties, picnics, group camping trips, and Pride events.
- Social justice advocacy training programs.
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Meaningful internship opportunities.
- Family and ally events and support circles
LGBTQ+ youth ages 17-24 with intersecting identities such as Black, Indigenous, and Youth of Color.
DOWNLOAD AND SHARE
If you would like to learn more about this program, download this flyer.
Naomi Suskind, LCSW (she/her/hers)
[email protected] | YMCA Youth & Family Services
This project is supported by Elevate Youth California, which is managed by The Center at Sierra Health Foundation under contract with the State of California’s Department of Health Care Services through Proposition 64.