Join a team and ride for an hour or captain your own team of riders at this fun and energetic event. New this year! We are adjusting to a COVID-friendly event with an outdoor setting in the courtyard, socially-distanced spin cycles and 30-minute cleaning and sanitizing breaks between each cycling session. Funds raised will provide quality enrichment programs to low-income individuals and families in our community and provide them access to reach their absolute fullest potential.
Thank you to our 2021 Major Sponsor: Hubbard's Hallers Cycling Team
Support a Team Riding at the 2020 Bike-A-Thon
- The SpinHeads - captains: Steve Nichols and Patty Barry
- Team CCC - captain: Robin Missailidis
- Team Nobi - captain: Carole Franks
- Team Thunder Road - captains: Rick Schnell and Elizabeth Smith
- Team Strength Train - captain: Shannon Hughes
- Hubbard's Hall'ers - captains: Lauren Hall and Donny Hubbard
- Gopher Getters - captains: Terry Venard and Eugenia Welch
- Pedal Pushers - captain: Paula Ford
7:00am - Instructors Steve & Julie W.
8:30am - Instructor Zephyr
10:00am - Instructors Robin & Patty B.
11:30am - Instructor Susanne D.
1:00pm - Instructors Carolyn & Rachelle
The Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA Bike-A-Thon was started in 2002 by YMCA stationary-cycling instructor, Robin Missailidis, and her team of “Spin Sisters,” Patty Barry and Laura Platenburg. They were looking for a way to get their community more involved in the YMCA's Annual Campaign, which helps raise money for YMCA scholarships and youth, families and seniors in need.
Participants in the inaugural event rode their stationary bikes for 3 straight hours and raised a respectable $1,100 for the YMCA's Annual Campaign. Thanks to the amazing support and dedication of our committee, team captains, riders and sponsors, the Bike-A-Thon has grown to raising a record-breaking $93,000 in 2019 - over half a million dollars raised over the years to help our Encinitas community.