WHAT'S NEW FOR YOU At Rancho Family YMCA
Check here for news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
DAY CAMP: WINTER BREAK
Registration is open!
Secure your spot in our popular day camps for Winter 2023/2024! Make sure your My Y account is set up and register for our most popular camps today.
- December 26–29, 2023
- January 2–5, 2024
- January 15, 2024
- January 29, 2024
UPCOMING HOLIDAY CLOSURES
Please note that we will have modified hours throughout the upcoming holiday season. Our upcoming closures and modified branch hours are located below. We wish everyone a happy holiday!
- Sunday, December 24: Closed
- Monday, December 25: Closed
- Monday, January 1: 7:00am–2:00pm
NEW HOURS EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 4, 2023
Rancho Family YMCA will be extending branch hours beginning on Monday, December 4, 2023.
- Monday–Friday: 6:00am–8:00pm
- Saturday: 7:00am–3:00pm
- Sunday: Closed
AQUATIC FACILITY UPDATE
The pools and spa will be closed December 26-January 1 for maintenance and cleaning, and is set to reopen on December 31. Thank you for your understanding as we work to improve our aquatics center. Keep swimming! View other aquatic facilities. – (updated 11/16/2023)
HOLIDAY FESTIVITIES AROUND THE Y
Celebrate the holidays this month with your family and friends at the Y! YMCAs all throughout San Diego County are hosting holiday events and special programming to help you enjoy the holiday season. View all events.
Y Community Plus members have unlimited access to Child Watch services at 12 YMCA branch locations across San Diego County. With easy reservations through the YMCA app, you can focus on your fitness or unwind at the Y while your children play under the supervision of highly trained YMCA staff. Not yet a Y Community Plus member? Y members can upgrade to the Y Community Plus membership plan by stopping by any location. If you currently have Child Watch services as an add-on to your family membership, you may continue to use Child Watch services on a drop-in basis. Learn more here.
Find out more about our aquatics facility at Rancho Family YMCA and other pools around the county by visiting our aquatics facilities section page.
- Upcoming aquatic facility closure: December 26–30. We will reopen on December 31, 2023. Thank you for your understanding.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
We're here to help you find what moves you at the Y!
Join us every week for open play pickleball in Studio 3 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00am – 1:00pm! All levels welcome.
Private lesson 3 or 6 session packages are now available! Lessons take place from 12:00pm-4:00pm. For more information contact Morgan at [email protected].
LIVESTRONG is at the YMCA! This important program for cancer survivors focuses on health, rather than the disease, and is helping cancer survivors in 40 states move beyond illness to reclaim their wellness in both spirit, mind and body. Learn more about the program here and contact Francine at [email protected] for more information.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Check the group fitness class schedule for new classes and updates. Remember, members have unlimited access to classes!
Martial arts class will be starting on Mondays at 6:00pm for those ages 13 and up! Get ready to kick it and learn various martial art forms. For more information contact Morgan at [email protected].
HEALTHY AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
FAMILY & KIDS
Family-time is special at the Y. Spending time together or discover new activities for your child to explore.
ADVENTURE CLUBS 2023-2024
Adventure Clubs at the YMCA nurture the relationships between parents and children through camping and other outdoor activities. Enjoy weekend campouts (tent and cabin camping) from the desert to the mountains and beaches. Parents and their children can look forward to making new friends and participating in activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking, crafts, campfire skits and more! Learn more.
Jump into fun with gymnastics! Toddlers and teens can grow strong, get confident and find balance in a safe, fun and encouraging environment. Learn more.
Open gym is available at Palomar Family YMCA and Gymnastics Center on Saturdays from 1:00 to 2:30pm. Register today!
Sign up for group or private swim lessons! Register today.
- Adult private swim clinics: Swimming is a life-long sport, and it is never too late to learn or improve. Private clinics take place on weekdays, Monday through Friday, with clinic times available from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Swim clinics are 45 minutes and cost includes four sessions. Cost per package (4 sessions): $173 members | $231 nonmembers. Start swimming.
- For more information, contact Aquatics Director Emily Seitz at [email protected].
FAMILY MARTIAL ARTS
- Our family martial arts class will be starting on Saturdays, 11:15am for those ages 7 and up! Get ready to kick it together and learn taekwondo, judo, jiujitsu and more! To register, visit our Welcome Center or register online. For more information contact our Sports Coordinator, Morgan at [email protected].
Youth sports clinics and peewee lessons are a great way to be active, learn teamwork and connect with a sport. Sign up your young athlete for youth sports clinics! When enrolling online, use the top left location filter to find options for Rancho Family YMCA.
- Practices in November will be combined with December for a total of 5 practices due to the holidays.
- Sports Programs at Rancho Family YMCA this month for ages 6-10:
- Soccer clinics: Saturdays, 10:00am
- Basketball clinics: Mondays, 4:00pm | Sundays, 10:00am
- Lacrosse clinics: Mondays, 4:00pm
- Peewee lessons: Soccer and basketball for ages 3-5. Register now for peewee sports!
- Soccer: Saturdays, 9:00am
- Basketball: Mondays, 3:00pm | Sundays, 9:00am
- All ages: Karate lessons. (Register in branch)
- We need parent volunteers! If you are interested in getting involved in coaching our youth sports clinics or lessons, contact our Sports Coordinator at [email protected]. Training is provided!
Little Ninja classes for ages 3 to 5 at the gymnastics center at Canyonside Recreation Center. The class is a perfect introduction to our parkour classes. Learn more and sign up.
Join our Masters swim team! Practices are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:20am - 6:20am. Sign up online to start swimming today!
- Cost: $57 members | $73 nonmembers. Read more information about Masters swim online here.
- Gymnastics parties: Bounce, swing and jump at our gymnastics party. Enjoy the gym with our gymnastics coaches leading safe activities then celebrate with presents and food in a separate party space! Learn more and book your party today.
- Pool parties: Splish, splash and swim! Have fun at our pool parties! Pool birthday parties are two hours long to include an hour of pool time fun in the pool (and Splash Pad if applicable) and an hour of room time for activities, food or cake (provided by parent). Contact Richard at [email protected] for information.
Y’s Active Adults (55+)
FITNESS CLASSES TO TRY
Thanks to our versatile, excellent instructors, most moves in our group fitness classes can be modified to suit any fitness level. If you're new to our group fitness classes and start here:
- Chair yoga
- Deep Water Aqua
- Aqua Interval
- Aqua Arthritis
- Exercise Lite
- Zumba Gold
- Tai Chi
Y Active Adult Activities Around the County
More to explore
View our Y Active Adults page to view programming and activities around the county.
Book club coming soon! Interested in joining? Contact Francine at [email protected].
SYLVAN LEARNING: TUTORING
The YMCA has partnered with Sylvan Learning to hold on-site tutoring at Rancho Family YMCA. Raise your child’s confidence and grades with the largest tutoring company in America. Sylvan Learning offers flexible hours, an affordable research-based curriculum, tracking and reporting, customized solutions and measurable results. They’ll also pay for your YMCA membership. Ask how! For more information, write to [email protected] or call 858-413-9090.
- Our partnership with Sylvan Learning has enabled us to offer these resources to Y members and camp participants.
Y in the COMMUNITY
CONNECTING YOU TO CARE
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
HELP PAYING FOR CHILD CARE
Do you or someone you know need help paying for child care?
The San Diego County Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) is one application that connects you to different agencies across San Diego to help pay for child care for families who qualify. Child care has become the second-largest expense for families – spending up to 50% of their household budget a year. See if you qualify for this service today.
KEEP IN TOUCH
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.