Join us! This year’s event will be eight hours of jam packed energy and fun made up of over 40 teams and 300 participants. Funds raised will provide quality enrichment programs to low-income individuals and families in our community and provide them access to reach their absolute fullest potential.
Thank You to Our 2020 Sponsors!
- In Memory of Stan Diengott
- Hubbards Hall'ers Cycling Team
- Team Cyclepath
- The Barry Family
- San Diego Solar
- Tempo Live Events
- Junior Mavericks Running Club
- Community Resource Center
- Team Pannikin Runners
- MSKW Law
Tech Tee Sponsors
- D.A. Davidson
- ashley ann productions
Support a Team Riding at the 2020 Bike-A-Thon
- Anokiwave - Debbie Nichols
- BOOM Triathlon Teams - Captain: Susanne Davis
- California Coast Classic - Captain: Robin Missailidis
- Team Cyclepath - Captains: Tanya Lubomudrov, Jeff Bales
- Gopher Getters - Captain: Terry Venard
- Hubbard's Hall'ers - Captains: Don Hubbard, Jr. and Lauren Hall
- Pedal Pushers - Captain: Paula Ford
- Pilates Powerhouse - Captain: Carolyn Mack
- Spinheads - Captains: Steve Nichols and Patty Barry
- Strength Train - Captain: Sandy Shapiro
- Team Archer - Captain: Jon Archer
- Team Nobi - Captain: Carole Franks
- Team Pannikin - Captain Tanya Lubomudrov
- The Big LeBIKEski - Captains: Mary Liberio, Katie Rooney
- Thunder Road - Captains: Rick Schnell, Elizabeth Smith
The Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA Bike-A-Thon was started in 2002 by YMCA stationary-cycling instructor, Robin Missailidis, and her team of “Spin Sisters,” Patty Barry and Laura Platenburg. They were looking for a way to get their community more involved in the YMCA's Annual Campaign, which helps raise money for YMCA scholarships and youth, families and seniors in need.
Participants in the inaugural event rode their stationary bikes for 3 straight hours and raised a respectable $1,100 for the YMCA's Annual Campaign. Thanks to the amazing support and dedication of our committee, team captains, riders and sponsors, the Bike-A-Thon has grown to raising a record-breaking $93,000 in 2019 - over half a million dollars raised over the years to help our Encinitas community.