Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 7:30 am
Check-In Starts at 6:15 am
Join us for the return of the Trick-or-Treat Triathlon, a Halloween-spirited reverse-order modified triathlon event held entirely on the grounds of the Copley-Price Family YMCA near City Heights and Kensington.
Go the distance with a 2-mile run, a 4-mile stationary bike ride, and a 250-yard swim.
- Costumes are encouraged!
- First 100 registrants receive a t-shirt, guaranteed
- Maximum of 150 registrations
- Race divided into 3 groups: 13-49 years old, 50+ years old, and the relay team division
- Participants will be flighted into groups based on the estimated mile run time
- Modified triathlon training program available at Copley-Price Family Y fitness center
After the race, enjoy food, a bounce house, face painting, and a station with massages and foam rolls.
Please note: All entries are final — there are no refunds.
Get Ready — Triathalon Check-In
Registration/Check In: 6:15-6:45 am
- Check-in/registration for all race events from 6:15 to 6:45 am
Copley-Price Family YMCA: 4300 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92105
- Pick up race packet with your wave/heat number based on the running/mile time you provided.
- Body marking of numbers will be on right upper arm and right calf.
- Please wear tank tops and shorts so that numbers are visible.
- Some spaces still available for new registrations!
- All YMCA waivers must be signed before the start of the event.
- Park on the first floor, or on the street.
- Please use only 43rd St. to enter the YMCA parking structure.
- There will be no access through the parking lot on Fairmount Ave.
Staging (Where to keep your gear)
- Bring a bag clearly labeled with your name on it for your possessions.
- Leave valuables at home. We cannot accept any responsibility for your valuables.
- First Aid equipment is available at the lifeguard station.
- Warm up area will open at 6:15 am.
- Costumes are encouraged!
- No makeup in the pool, though!
- Prizes will be given to the top three costumes!
- Start in the soccer arena, move on to the second and third floor of the parking garage.
- Complete 4 laps in each section (soccer arena, second and third floor of parking garage).
- Follow directional arrows and stay in within the parking spots on the perimiter.
- You will be assigned a wave based on your mile running time.
- If you did not provide your mile time, please call the Copley-Price Family YMCA at (619) 280-9622.
- Bike station is in the turn-around area nearest Fairmount Avenue.
- The cycle computer will track your 4-mile ride.
- You can choose any available bike to ride.
- Please visit the bike station upon arrival to learn how to adjust the seat and height of your stationary bike.
- Don’t worry! Volunteers will be there to assist you!
- Distance: 250 yards in the pool.
- The swimming component is a snake swim — please see the swim diagram.
- No flip turns allowed.
- Swimmers must go under the lane line to go to the next lane.
- Lifeguards will be present at all times.
- If you have questions regarding the swim portion of the race, call the Copley-Price Family YMCA at (619) 280-9622.
Relay Teams (Same Wave)
- Each relay team member completes only their portion of the race.
- Runner to biker exchange will take place at the bottom of the parking garage stairs.
- Biker to swimmer exchange will take place in the round-about section.
- All relay teams will be in the same wave.
Foam Roller Tutorials
- Before and after completing your race, visit the foam roller demonstrations lead by a personal trainer.
- Awards will go to the top three finishers in each age category.
- We're also giving away prizes to the best three costumes!
Tour the Copley-Price Family YMCA
- Registrants are welcome to use the YMCA facilities and/or take a shower.
- Look for a complimentary one-day YMCA pass in your race packet!
- Ask a YMCA staff member for a tour of the facility! We'll help you find the fun activities and cutting-edge equipment that resonate with you and your family.
Contact Us for More Information
Our staff will be happy to help answer any questions you may have about this event or the YMCA! We're looking forward to hearing from you.