New For You At Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA
Help Us Ensure Access for All
As a leading nonprofit, our Y is making a difference in the lives of 6,688 community members annually through our programs and services. Thanks to generous donations to our annual fundraising campaign, we are opening doors and changing lives. When you invest in the Y, your dollars will directly benefit kids and families in under-served communities and provide scholarships to fulfill our mission to serve all people regardless of their ability to pay. The need is urgent and growing…and it can’t be met without you! Please give to Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA. The more we raise, the more people we can help.
OUR GOAL: $115,000
Facility News and Updates
Check here news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
CELEBRATING 20 YEARS
Our Y is celebrating 20 years of serving our North County community!
REFER A FRIEND AND SAVE!
It's a great time to refer a friend to the Y. Now through January 31, your friend pays no join fee and you get a month free. Learn more.
NEW MY Y COMMUNITY PORTAL
Set up your new My Y account! In November 2022, we launched a new platform for program registrations and YMCA accounts. Learn more and find out how to get connected here.
NEW YMCA APP
The new YMCA app makes it easy to stay connected to the Y. Use it to scan in at the Y, check schedules for group fitness classes, pools and facilities, add activities to your calendar and more. Learn more.
AQUATIC FACILITY UPDATE: POOL CLOSED
Pool temporarily closed until the end of February. Our pool pump has broken and we are working on repairs and maintenance of the pool and its facility. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
Family members can opt to add a Child Watch option to their accounts, which includes unlimited use of the service for $10 monthly. New: Use your Child Watch benefit at any YMCA that offers the service. While you exercise or relax at the Y, children can play under the supervision of trained YMCA staff. Child Watch is open to children ages 6 weeks to 9 years old!
- Child Watch hours have been updated! View recent changes here.
- Parents Night Out! Enjoy an evening out while we watch the kids! Takes place every 3rd Friday of the month from 4:00pm- 8:00pm. Snacks, games, crafts and more will be provided. Children must be potty trained. Reserve your spot today!
Events and Special Activities
Help address a critical need for blood donations in our community! View dates.
Health and Wellness
TEAM TRAINING PAIN RELIEF USING POSTURAL ALIGNMENT
Discover sustainable health practices and achieve your fitness goals with the help of our board-certified health and wellness coach and certified alignment specialist at our team training classes. Join us for 50-minute weekly wellness classes on Tuesdays at 9:00am. $64 members | $80 participants. Classes will begin once we have three participants. For more information or questions, please contact Susie Ferrer at [email protected].
TEEN FITNESS POWER HOUR
Monday - Friday | 4:00 - 5:00pm | Teens ages 13 to 17 | Free for YMCA members — Drop-off your teen for an hour of free fitness! This program is designed to help teens kickstart a healthy lifestyle by learning the fundamentals of fitness while having fun with our daily fitness challenges! For more information or questions, please contact Susie Ferrer at [email protected].
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Be sure to check our group fitness class schedule for new classes and updates. Remember, members have unlimited access to classes!
- Team training classes will focus on postural alignment in December
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
Y Active Adults (50+)
MONTHLY YAA CLUBS
Are you looking to share your ideas, interests, and passion with other YAA members? Then these are perfect for you! The following clubs are currently running:
- Book Club — First Friday of every month | 9:00am | Back studio: Share your ideas and enjoy reading a variety of books.
- WOW — Second Thursday of every month | 1:00pm | Locations vary: Widows and widowers who enjoy going out to lunch, concerts and community events.
- Craft Club — Third Thursday of every month | 1:00pm: We ask that you bring your own supplies, and our instructor will guide you through the craft with easy-to-follow instructions. A supply list will be provided each month — many of your supplies can be purchased at a dollar store.
- Dance Club: Our dance club happens quarterly — check back for upcoming meetings.
- February Book Club: February 3 | 9:00am | Back Studio — Join us for a discussion on our book of the month, “Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens.
- February WOW Club: February 9 | 1:00pm — Meet our Widow and widowers group for lunch at Ocean Thai Cuisine, located in Southwest Plaza at 3846 Mission Ave. a3, Oceanside. Get directions.
- February Craft Club: February 16 | 1:00pm — Join us for a discussion on our monthly craft. This month we’ll be making a macrame rainbow. Please
SOME GREAT CLASSES & INSTRUCTORS
Please pick up your YAA fitness schedule in the lobby or women’s locker room
- Fish Out of Water: Monday-Friday | 10:00am | Studio B — Due to scheduled repairs of our pool, we will be replacing our water classes with our Fish Out of Water class!
- Fitness Schedule: We are so thrilled to have so many YAA classes on the schedule. Let’s continue to keep our attendance high!
- Personal Training Tips: Do you have questions about our machines or equipment in the Fitness Center? Do you have a general question about an injury and need advice about what to do? Our friendly trainers and they will be glad to meet with you. They can show you specific exercises or set up a program for you. Look for staff wearing a black personal trainer shirt.
We’re listening to your comments and hear you are enjoying all of our low impact classes just as they are. Keep in mind, that we are always open to your suggestions and value your input for a better and stronger YAA program.
- A big SHOUTOUT to our Chair-man, Mario. Mario has been so gracious setting up and storing back our chairs that we use in our exercise classes. Please take the time to give Mario a special thanks!
- A huge THANK YOU to Stephanie for doing a fantastic job organizing our Cards and Games club!
- THANK YOU to Marian — our loyal and friendly Widows & Widowers (WOW) leader.
Get added to the YAA email list! The email comes directly from YAA Coordinator, Alexis Kramer. Get the latest information regarding classes, events and more. You can also pick up all flyers in the lobby or women’s locker room. If interested in being on the email list, please leave your name and email address with Alexis Kramer or leave at the front desk.
Activities for Kids and Families
AFTER SCHOOL RECREATION
The After School Rec program is a non-custodial program where students from Empresa Elementary will participate in educational assistance, daily physical activities, STEM & literacy programming, along with building life skills & developing healthy relationships. Learn more.
Adventure Clubs offer a unique experience for parents and their children to enjoy a mix of group activities and outdoor adventures while creating close and enduring relationships. Learn more.
EXTENDED LEARNING ACADEMY AT BELLA MENTE
The Extended Learning Academy is one of several state-funded Expanded Learning Programs (ELP) that provides free before and after school care for qualifying families at Bella Mente. Learn more.
- Music & Movement: Mondays, 11:30am
- Bouncing Buddies: Wednesdays, 11:30am
- Little One & Fun: Fridays, 11:30am
These programs are for ages 2 to 5. Parents can stay and play or go get a workout in!
Come out and play sports at the Y. Register now for peewee lessons and youth leagues.
- Youth soccer leagues are underway! Sign up now for coed youth soccer leagues.
- Keep learning more about the sport you love through our advanced youth soccer clinics. Register for advanced soccer clinics.
- Play pick-up youth soccer on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:30pm. Drop-in daily or pay for the month. See you on the field!
Experience the joy of dance at the Y. Ballet classes for ages 3 to 7 and 4 to 12 are available monthly. Register now.
We are proud to offer many high-quality martial art programs that provide an encouraging, non-intimidating and family-friendly environment for students of all ages. Learn more.
Build your confidence, personal discipline, muscle strength and self-respect! We are now enrolling for for youth karate classes on Wednesdays.
- 3-5 years | 4:00 - 4:30pm | $54 member | $62 nonmember
- 5-10 years | 4:45 - 5:30pm | $60 member | $69 nonmember
To register, please visit our Welcome Center or give us a call at 858-517-4411.
Have fun after school at the Y playing classic playground games like tag, dodgeball, kickball and more! Register today.
Community Support Services
Connecting You To Care
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
KEEP IN TOUCH
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.