New For You At Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA
Facility News & Updates • Health & Wellness • YAA (Ages 55+) • Family & Kids • Events & Special Activities • Community Support Services
SUMMER DAY CAMP SIGN-UPS
It's time to lock in a summer of fun at the Y! Make sure your My Y account is set up and register for our most popular camps today.
THANK YOU! WE DID IT.
Thank YOU For Helping Us Ensure Access for All
Thanks to your generous donation to our annual fundraising campaign, Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA will be able to provide programming and scholarships to kids and families regardless of their ability to pay. Your generous donation helps us fulfill our mission to serve all people and make a difference in the lives of more than 6,888 local community members. This need could not have been met without you! Together, we are opening doors and changing lives. Thank you!
TOGETHER WE HIT OUR GOAL: $117,612
Facility News and Updates
Check here news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
Please note that all San Diego YMCA branches will be closed on Sunday, April 9, 2023.
NEW MY Y COMMUNITY PORTAL
Set up your new My Y account! In November 2022, we launched a new platform for program registrations and YMCA accounts. Learn more and find out how to get connected here.
NEW YMCA APP
The new YMCA app makes it easy to stay connected to the Y. Use it to scan in at the Y, check schedules for group fitness classes, pools and facilities, add activities to your calendar and more. Learn more.
AQUATIC FACILITY UPDATE: POOL NOW OPEN
The pool is now open! Thank you for your patience as we worked to improve our aquatic facility. Our pool is now open and will resume its normal hours of operation.
Find out more about our aquatics facility at Joe & Mary Mottino Family YMCA and other pools around the county by visiting our aquatics facilities section page.
Family members can opt to add a Child Watch option to their accounts, which includes unlimited use of the service for $10 monthly. New: Use your Child Watch benefit at any YMCA that offers the service. While you exercise or relax at the Y, children can play under the supervision of trained YMCA staff. Child Watch is open to children ages 6 weeks to 9 years old!
- Child Watch hours have been updated! View recent changes here.
- Parents Night Out! Enjoy an evening out while we watch the kids! Takes place every third Friday of the month from 4:00pm- 8:00pm. Snacks, games, crafts and more will be provided. Children must be potty trained. Reserve your spot today.
Events and Special Activities
FIND NEW OPPORTUNITIES. FIND YOUR Y.
A summer job at the Y gives you opportunities to explore future career pathways with an organization that’s invested in helping you reach your potential – all while making a positive impact in your community! Apply today at ymcasd.org/careers.
WE'RE HIRING NOW FOR DAY CAMP!
INVESTING IN YOU
- PAID training & professional development
- FREE YMCA membership across San Diego County
- Opportunities for year-round employment
- Discounts on YMCA programs
- Camp Program Leader
- Inclusion Leader
- Unit Leader
LEARN MORE AT OUR JOB FAIRS
- April 8 from 10am—2pm at Mission Valley YMCA
- April 22 from 10am—2pm at Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
- May 7 from 10am—2pm at Copley-Price Family YMCA
Guaranteed on-site interviews with a potential signing bonus of $150 if offer letter is signed by May 1 for selected camp positions.
Help address a critical need for blood donations in our community! View dates.
Health and Wellness
PERSONAL TRAINING SPECIAL
Thinking about personal training? Our certified personal trainers have got you covered! From April 1-30 you can get 5 sessions for $249 or 10 for $479! Check out our personal training program here. Please note that personal training is available to members only. One must log in, choose their branch and then navigate to the Punch Pass section for personal training packages.
TEAM TRAINING PAIN RELIEF USING POSTURAL ALIGNMENT
Discover sustainable health practices and achieve your fitness goals with the help of our board-certified health and wellness coach and certified alignment specialist at our team training classes. Join us for 50-minute weekly wellness classes on Tuesdays at 9:00am. $64 members | $80 participants. Classes will begin once we have three participants. For more information or questions, please contact Susie Ferrer at [email protected].
TEEN FITNESS POWER HOUR
Monday - Friday | 4:00 - 5:00pm | Teens ages 13 to 17 | Free for YMCA members — Drop-off your teen for an hour of free fitness! This program is designed to help teens kickstart a healthy lifestyle by learning the fundamentals of fitness while having fun with our daily fitness challenges! For more information or questions, please contact Susie Ferrer at [email protected].
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Be sure to check our group fitness class schedule for new classes and updates. Remember, members have unlimited access to classes!
NEW FITNESS CLASSES IN MARCH:
- Stretch - Thursdays, 10:00am
- Vinyasa - Tuesdays, 9:00am
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
Y Active Adults (55+)
MONTHLY YAA CLUBS
Are you looking to share your ideas, interests, and passion with other YAA members? Then these are perfect for you! The following clubs are currently running:
- Book Club — First Friday of every month | 9:00am | Back studio: Share your ideas and enjoy reading a variety of books.
- WOW — Second Thursday of every month | 1:00pm | Locations vary: Widows and widowers who enjoy going out to lunch, concerts and community events.
- Craft Club — Third Thursday of every month | 1:00pm: We ask that you bring your own supplies, and our instructor will guide you through the craft with easy-to-follow instructions. A supply list will be provided each month — many of your supplies can be purchased at a dollar store.
- Dance Club: Our dance club happens quarterly — check back for upcoming meetings.
Y Active Adult Activities Around the County
View our Y Active Adults page to view programming and activities around the county.
SOME GREAT CLASSES & INSTRUCTORS
Please pick up your YAA fitness schedule in the lobby or women’s locker room. See March schedule.
- Fish Out of Water: Monday-Friday | 10:00am | Studio B — Due to scheduled repairs of our pool, we will be replacing our water classes with our Fish Out of Water class!
- Fitness Schedule: We are so thrilled to have so many YAA classes on the schedule. Let’s continue to keep our attendance high!
- Personal Training Tips: Do you have questions about our machines or equipment in the Fitness Center? Do you have a general question about an injury and need advice about what to do? Our friendly trainers and they will be glad to meet with you. They can show you specific exercises or set up a program for you. Look for staff wearing a black personal trainer shirt.
We’re listening to your comments and hear you are enjoying all of our low impact classes just as they are. Keep in mind, that we are always open to your suggestions and value your input for a better and stronger YAA program.
- We want to say THANK YOU to Renee for donating several flat resistance bands! We are excited to put them to use.
- Another special gratitude for everyone that has donated to our YAA Annual Campaign goal of $3,000!
Get added to the YAA email list! The email comes directly from YAA Coordinator, Alexis Kramer. Get the latest information regarding classes, events and more. You can also pick up all flyers in the lobby or women’s locker room. If interested in being on the email list, please leave your name and email address with Alexis Kramer or leave at the front desk.
Activities for Kids and Families
AFTER SCHOOL RECREATION
The After School Rec program is a non-custodial program where students will participate in educational assistance, daily physical activities, STEM & literacy programming, along with building life skills & developing healthy relationships. Learn more.
Adventure Clubs offer a unique experience for parents and their children to enjoy a mix of group activities and outdoor adventures while creating close and enduring relationships. Learn more.
EXTENDED LEARNING ACADEMY AT BELLA MENTE
The Extended Learning Academy is one of several state-funded Expanded Learning Programs (ELP) that provides free before and after school care for qualifying families at Bella Mente. Learn more.
We're thrilled to bring our families together for some fun new activities. Register for all four classes and save! Register now for:
- Music & Movement: Mondays, 11:30am
- Bouncing Buddies: Wednesdays, 11:30am
- Little One & Fun: Fridays, 11:30am
These programs are for ages 2 to 5. Parents can stay and play or go get a workout in!
Come out and play sports at the Y. Register now for youth sports and peewee lessons.
- Youth soccer leagues are underway! Sign up now for coed youth soccer leagues. Play starts April 15, at the Rancho Del Oro Park.
- Peewee lessons: Play T-ball on Tuesdays at 10:00am or learn soccer on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00am. Register today online or call or visit the Welcome Center (760-758-0808).
- Keep learning more about the sport you love through our advanced youth soccer clinics. Register for advanced soccer clinics.
- Play pick-up youth soccer on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:30pm. We have open games, changing teams and rotating team sizes (3v3 to 5v5 to 7v7) to keep games fun and competitive. Drop-in daily for or pay for the month(Cost: $45 member | $60 nonmembers). See you on the field! Register today online or call or visit the Welcome Center (760-758-0808).
Experience the joy of dance at the Y. Ballet classes for ages 3 to 7 and 4 to 12 are available monthly. New dance class options available on Mondays and Thursdays. Register now.
We are proud to offer many high-quality martial art programs that provide an encouraging, non-intimidating and family-friendly environment for students of all ages. Learn more.
Build your confidence, personal discipline, muscle strength and self-respect! We are now enrolling for for youth karate classes on Wednesdays.
- 3-5 years | 4:00 - 4:30pm | $54 member | $62 nonmember
- 5-10 years | 4:45 - 5:30pm | $60 member | $69 nonmember
To register, please visit our Welcome Center or give us a call at 858-517-4411.
Have fun at the Y making new friends, learning teamwork and understanding the YMCA core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility with fellow homeschoolers on Mondays from 12:00pm - 2:05pm.
Register today online or call the Welcome Center: (760) 758-0808. Cost: $60 members | $80 nonmembers.
- Playground classics: 12:00pm - 1:00pm. Located at the side, turf field.
- Dash & Splash: 1:05pm - 2:05pm. Located at the Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA pool. (This program will resume when pool reopens in late February).
Have fun after school at the Y playing classic playground games like tag, dodgeball, kickball and more! Register today.
Community Support Services
Connecting You To Care
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
Get a head start on your taxes this year! For qualifying San Diegans, filing this year is easier than ever and could put money back in your pocket. We’re hosting free in-person tax filing appointments with multilingual volunteer income tax assistance professionals at three of our branch locations throughout the county:
Call 2-1-1 to check your eligibility, find a nearby location, and book an appointment to file your taxes. For more information, visit ymcasd.org/caleitc.
Help Paying for Child Care
Do you or someone you know need help paying for child care?
The San Diego County Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) is one application that connects you to different agencies across San Diego to help pay for child care for families who qualify. Child care has become the second-largest expense for families – spending up to 50% of their household budget a year. See if you qualify for this service today.
KEEP IN TOUCH
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Find us on social media: Facebook and Instagram.
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.
If you have any questions or concerns, our membership team is here to help! Call us at (760) 758-0808 during regular business hours or send an email: [email protected] and we'll get back to you soon!