New For You At Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA
FALL BREAK DAY CAMP SIGN-UPS
Secure your spot in our popular day camps for Fall/Winter 2023! Make sure your My Y account is set up and register for our most popular camps today.
- Session 1: Friday, November 10, 2023
- Session 2: November 20–22, 2023 (Monday–Wednesday)
- Session 3: December 21–22, 2023 (Thursday–Friday)
- Session 4: December 26–29, 2023 (Tuesday–Friday)
- Session 5: January 2–5, 2024 (Tuesday–Friday)
Facility News and Updates
Check here news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
POOL AND DECK RENOVATION
The Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA aquatics area will be closed from October 29, 2023 to January 2024, as we will be making improvements to our pool and deck. We apologize for the inconvenience.
PRESCHOOL AT JOE AND MARY MOTTINO FAMILY YMCA
Preschool at the Y is designed to give your child the best possible start in life. Our experienced and caring staff are committed to making each day a fun and educational experience! For tours, questions or help registering please contact Tonja Handley at [email protected], or contact our branch by phone at (760) 758-0808. Enrollment is open! Register today!
Find out more about our aquatics facility at Joe & Mary Mottino Family YMCA and other pools around the county by visiting our aquatics facilities section page.
Family members can opt to add a Child Watch option to their accounts, which includes unlimited use of the service for $10 monthly. New: Use your Child Watch benefit at any YMCA that offers the service. While you exercise or relax at the Y, children can play under the supervision of trained YMCA staff. Child Watch is open to children ages 6 weeks to 9 years old!
- Child Watch Labor Day hours: 8:00am–11:00am
Ready to build a healthy workforce?
The YMCA of San Diego County’s corporate membership solution offers you and your family access to membership, programs, and much more!
Benefits of a YMCA corporate membership:
- Waived join fee ($60 value)
- Access to all 16 locations across San Diego County and nationwide
- Up to two hours per day of Child Watch services
- Year-round heated pools, splash pads, and spas (Select locations)
- Hundreds of group exercise classes throughout the week
- Priority registration for YMCA programs - such as camp and preschool
- 5 free 30-minute personal training sessions ($249 value)
- Up to 25% off all programs
- Free virtual membership
What’s the next step? For more information, visit ymcasd.org/membership/corporate-wellness.
Events and Special Activities
PARENTS NIGHT OUT
Enjoy an evening out while we watch the kids, ages 3-13! This event takes place every third Friday of the month from 4:00pm- 8:00pm. Snacks, games, crafts and more will be provided. Children must be potty trained. Reserve your spot today!
First Monday of every month | 5:00pm | Free — Come to listen, learn and laugh together during our exciting presentations. No registration is required.
- Monday, September 4: Fitness markers for every decade
- Monday, October 2: Cortisol, what it is and why does it make a difference
Women's Wellness Weekend
September 22-24, 2023 | $199 member / $225 non-member – Join us at Camp Martson for a relaxing weekend filled with camp activities, delicious meals and classes focused on mind and body wellness. Register today!
Help address a critical need for blood donations in our community! View dates.
Health and Wellness
For more information or questions, please contact Susie Ferrer at [email protected].
TEEN FITNESS POWER HOUR
Monday – Friday | 4:00 - 5:00pm | Teens ages 13 to 17 | Free for YMCA members — Drop-off your teen for an hour of free fitness! This program is designed to help teens kickstart a healthy lifestyle by learning the fundamentals of fitness while having fun with our daily fitness challenges! For more information or questions, please contact Susie Ferrer at [email protected].
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Be sure to check our group fitness class schedule for new classes and updates. We also have a special group fitness class schedule posted in the branch. Remember, members have unlimited access to classes!
NEW THIS MONTH – Updated September 1, 2023
Labor Day Schedule: (All regular morning and evening classes will be canceled)
Body Combat: 9:00am
Stretch & Mobility: 10:00am
Exercise Lite: 10:00am
Water Exercise: 10:00am
Chair Yoga: 11:00am
New Body Combat on Mondays at 5:30pm
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
Y Active Adults (55+)
MONTHLY YAA CLUBS
Are you looking to share your ideas, interests, and passion with other YAA members? Then these are perfect for you! The following clubs are currently running:
- Book Club — First Friday of every month | 9:00am | Back studio: Share your ideas and enjoy reading a variety of books.
- WOW — Second Thursday of every month | 1:00pm | Locations vary: Widows and widowers who enjoy going out to lunch, concerts and community events.
- Craft Club — Third Thursday of every month | 1:00pm: We ask that you bring your own supplies, and our instructor will guide you through the craft with easy-to-follow instructions. A supply list will be provided each month — many of your supplies can be purchased at a dollar store.
- Dance Club: Our dance club happens quarterly — check back for upcoming meetings.
SOME GREAT CLASSES & INSTRUCTORS
Please pick up your YAA fitness schedule at the front desk or women’s locker room.
- Fitness Schedule: We are so thrilled to have so many YAA classes on the schedule. Let’s continue to keep our attendance high!
- Personal Training Tips: Do you have questions about our machines or equipment in the Fitness Center? Do you have a general question about an injury and need advice about what to do? Our friendly trainers and they will be glad to meet with you. They can show you specific exercises or set up a program for you. Look for staff wearing a black personal trainer shirt.
We’re listening to your comments and hear you are enjoying all of our low impact classes just as they are. Keep in mind, that we are always open to your suggestions and value your input for a better and stronger YAA program.
Get added to the YAA email list! The email comes directly from YAA Coordinator, Alexis Kramer. Get the latest information regarding classes, events and more. You can also pick up all flyers in the lobby or women’s locker room. If interested in being on the email list, please leave your name and email address with Alexis Kramer or leave at the front desk.
Y Active Adult Activities Around the County
View our Y Active Adults page to view programming and activities around the county.
Activities for Kids and Families
AFTER SCHOOL RECREATION
The After School Rec program is a non-custodial program where students will participate in educational assistance, daily physical activities, STEM & literacy programming, along with building life skills & developing healthy relationships. Learn more.
EMPRESA ELEMENTARY AFTER SCHOOL RECREATION SWIM CLUB
- WHEN: Mondays & Fridays | 2:45pm–3:30pm
- FEE: $128 for eight lessons
- REGISTER TODAY!
Adventure Clubs offer a unique experience for parents and their children to enjoy a mix of group activities and outdoor adventures while creating close and enduring relationships. Learn more.
Get your groove on with youth dance classes at the Y! Classes begin August 17. Register today!
- Youth Ballet/Tap (Ages 5-7) | Thursdays, 4:30pm–5:20pm
- Dance Combo (Ages 3-4) | Thursdays, 3:30pm–4:20pm
DIVE INTO SWIM TEAM
Dive into swim team! Swim team takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays with tryouts at 4:00pm and practices at 4:30pm. Email Head Swim Coach Maria Coffer at [email protected] to schedule your tryout today! Learn more about swim team here.
EXTENDED LEARNING ACADEMY AT BELLA MENTE
The Extended Learning Academy is one of several state-funded Expanded Learning Programs (ELP) that provides free before and after school care for qualifying families at Bella Mente. Learn more.
- Music & Movement: Mondays, 11:30am
- Gymnastics: Wednesdays, 11:30am
- Little One & Fun: Fridays, 11:30am
Stay and play! These programs are for ages 2 to 5. Parents can stay and play or go get a workout in!
Come out and play sports at the Y. Register now online for youth sports and peewee lessons. You can also register by visiting the front desk or calling us at (760-758-0808).
- Youth soccer leagues: Youth soccer leagues! Play soccer with the San Diego Loyal SC! Enjoy instruction form caring coaches that have been taught by the professionals and cobranded YMCA and San Diego Loyal SC jerseys! Get in the game and register today! First game begins on September 23, 2023 (when leagues start). Sign up today!
- Peewee lessons:
- Play pick-up youth soccer on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:30pm. We have open games, changing teams and rotating team sizes (3v3 to 5v5 to 7v7) to keep games fun and competitive. Drop-in daily for or pay for the month (Cost: $45 member | $60 nonmembers). See you on the field! Register today online or call or visit the Welcome Center (760) 758-0808.
MORE YOUTH ACTIVITIES
Keep active and get creative in more ways that just traditional sports! Accept the adventure of art and creativity, or get in the game on the playground with fun, classic games! These exciting activities will be starting in September at the following times:
- Playground Classics Partners: Ages 5 - 13 | Mondays, 2:00pm | Register today!
- Art Adventures: Ages 5-13 | Mondays, 3:10pm | Register today!
We are proud to offer many high-quality martial art programs that provide an encouraging, non-intimidating and family-friendly environment for students of all ages. Learn more.
Build your confidence, personal discipline, muscle strength and self-respect! We are now enrolling for for youth karate classes from September 6–27, 2023.
- Ages 3-5 | Wednesday, 4:00pm–4:30pm | $78/member | $86/non-member
- Ages 5-10| Wednesday, 4:45pm–5:30pm | $78/member | $86/non-member
PARENT SUPPORT GROUPS
Parent Support Groups play a key role in inspiring and guiding parents through the development of their children and taking care of older adults. Our YMCA is creating a safe environment for members to come together to share in their trials, efforts and solutions. A support group can be a great way to check in with others and get advice, share your feelings, and build a support network. Please come and join us!
No registration is required for these monthly meetings. Join a Parent Support Group with others who have dependents in similar life stages. Contact Susie Ferrer at [email protected] for more information.
MONDAYS at 5:00pm
- 1st Mondays = High school age
- 2nd Mondays = College age
- 4th Mondays = Taking Care of our Parents
WEDNESDAYS at 10:00am
- 1st Wednesdays = Baby/Toddler age
- 2nd Wednesdays = Elementary age
- 3rd Wednesdays = Preteen/middle school age
- 4th Wednesdays = Caring for Diverse Abilities
Have fun after school at the Y playing classic playground games like tag, dodgeball, kickball and more! Register today.
Y in the Community
Connecting You To Care
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
Help Paying for Child Care
Do you or someone you know need help paying for child care?
The San Diego County Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) is one application that connects you to different agencies across San Diego to help pay for child care for families who qualify. Child care has become the second-largest expense for families – spending up to 50% of their household budget a year. See if you qualify for this service today.
KEEP IN TOUCH
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.