New For You At Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA
Check here for news about special happenings and updates that may affect your visit to the Y! Scroll down to see more specific information for different programming areas.
WINTER BREAK DAY CAMP SIGN-UPS
Secure your spot in our popular day camps for Fall/Winter 2023! Make sure your My Y account is set up and register for our most popular camps today.
- December 21–22, 2023 (Thursday–Friday)
- December 26–29, 2023 (Tuesday–Friday)
- January 2–5, 2024 (Tuesday–Friday)
UPCOMING HOLIDAY CLOSURES
Please note that we will have modified hours throughout the upcoming holiday season. Our upcoming closures and modified branch hours are located below. We wish everyone a happy holiday!
- Sunday, December 24: Closed
- Monday, December 25: Closed
- Monday, January 1: 7:00am–2:00pm
- Preschool closed: December 22, 25, 26 and January 1-5
POOL AND DECK RENOVATION
The Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA aquatics area will be closed from October 29, 2023 to January 2024, as we will be making improvements to our pool and deck. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Fish Out of Water
We have daily activities to keep you active while our pool is closed for improvements! This schedule was last updated on November 30, 2023.
- Walking Club: Mondays, 11:00am | Meet in the lobby — Get your walking shoes on and join us for walk outside where we will explore our surrounding park and neighborhood.
- Strength/Cardio: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:00am | Group Exercise Room B — Increase your cardiovascular and muscular endurance with a standing workout. Upper body resistance band work alternating with low-impact aerobics. A chair will be available for standing support, stretching and relaxation exercises.
- Balance Class: Wednesdays, 11:00am | Group Exercise Room A — This class is designed to improve balance and stability while developing muscle awareness to aid in preventing slips and falls.
- Dance Party: Fridays, 11:00am | Group Exercise Room B — Put on your boogie shoes and learn some fun new dance moves. We will work on learning some of the classic country line dances as well as the new trendy dance moves.
New Program: Preschool Gymnastics
Our YMCA is now offering monthly gymnastics sessions for children ages 18 months to 5 years!
Parent/Child Gymnastics, Ages 18 months - 2 years
- Mondays, 10:30am - 11:15am
- Wednesdays, 10:30am - 11:15am
- Saturdays, 11:00am - 11:45am
Preschool Gymnastics, Ages 3 years - 5 years
- Saturdays, 12:00pm - 12:45pm
Enrichment at Bella Mente Academy
Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA is proud to offer Fall 2023 enrichment at Bella Mente Academy! Our two offerings include engineering and cooking. Visit our Fall 2023 Enrichment page for more information. Questions? Contact Gage Daniel at [email protected] or call (760) 758-0808.
Preschool at the Y is designed to give your child the best possible start in life. Our experienced and caring staff are committed to making each day a fun and educational experience! Enrollment is open for our part-time and full-time programs. Weekly gymnastics lessons are included in our full-time program. For tours, questions or help registering please contact Tonja Handley at [email protected], or contact our branch by phone at (760) 758-0808. Register today! - updated for December 2023
Our Preschool is Now Enrolling!
Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA Preschool is curently enrolling 2-5 year olds for two day, three day and 5 days from 7:30am-5:30pm. Contact Tonja Handley at [email protected], or contact our branch by phone at (760) 758-0808.
Our Preschool is Hiring!
Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA Preschool is curently hiring and has part-time and full-time options available! Contact Tonja Handley at [email protected], or contact our branch by phone at (760) 758-0808.
Find out more about our aquatics facility at Joe & Mary Mottino Family YMCA and other pools around the county by visiting our aquatics facilities section page.
Y Community Plus members have unlimited access to Child Watch services at 12 YMCA branch locations across San Diego County. With easy reservations through the YMCA app, you can focus on your fitness or unwind at the Y while your children play under the supervision of highly trained YMCA staff. Not yet a Y Community Plus member? Y members can upgrade to the Y Community Plus membership plan by stopping by any location. If you currently have Child Watch services as an add-on to your family membership, you may continue to use Child Watch services on a drop-in basis. Learn more here.
Ready to build a healthy workforce?
The YMCA of San Diego County’s corporate membership solution offers you and your family access to membership, programs, and much more!
Benefits of a YMCA corporate membership:
- Waived join fee ($60 value)
- Access to all 16 locations across San Diego County and nationwide
- Up to two hours per day of Child Watch services
- Year-round heated pools, splash pads, and spas (Select locations)
- Hundreds of group exercise classes throughout the week
- Priority registration for YMCA programs - such as camp and preschool
- 5 free 30-minute personal training sessions ($249 value)
- Up to 25% off all programs
- Free virtual membership
What’s the next step? For more information, visit ymcasd.org/membership/corporate-wellness.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
We're here to help you find what moves you at the Y!
For more information or questions, please contact Susie Ferrer at [email protected].
TEEN FITNESS POWER HOUR
Monday – Friday | 4:00 - 5:00pm | Teens ages 13 to 17 | Free for YMCA members — Drop-off your teen for an hour of free fitness! This program is designed to help teens kickstart a healthy lifestyle by learning the fundamentals of fitness while having fun with our daily fitness challenges! For more information or questions, please contact Susie Ferrer at [email protected].
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
Be sure to check our group fitness class schedule for new classes and updates. We also have a special group fitness class schedule posted in the branch. Remember, members have unlimited access to classes!
HEALTH AND WELLNESS ORIENTATION
Meet with a wellness coach to get acquainted with equipment and classes, ask questions and chart a path to reach your goals. Schedule your 30-minute orientation at the Welcome Center! Learn more.
FAMILY & KIDS
Family-time is special at the Y. Spending time together or discover new activities for your child to explore.
AFTER SCHOOL RECREATION
The After School Rec program is a non-custodial program where students will participate in educational assistance, daily physical activities, STEM & literacy programming, along with building life skills & developing healthy relationships. Learn more.
EMPRESA ELEMENTARY AFTER SCHOOL RECREATION SWIM CLUB
- WHEN: Mondays & Fridays | 2:45pm–3:30pm
- FEE: $128 for eight lessons
- REGISTER TODAY!
Adventure Clubs offer a unique experience for parents and their children to enjoy a mix of group activities and outdoor adventures while creating close and enduring relationships.
- Upcoming events: Camp Marston | February 16-18 '24
4:00 PM - 11:00 AM
- Learn more.
Get your groove on with youth dance classes at the Y! Classes begin December 7. Register today!
- Youth Ballet/Tap (Ages 5-7) | Thursdays, 4:30pm–5:20pm
- Dance Combo (Ages 3-4) | Thursdays, 3:30pm–4:20pm
MAKE A SPLASH THIS SUMMER
Make a splash with swim lessons at the Y! Summer swim lessons are a great way to grow in confidence and learn the skills of water safety. Lessons are available for private and semi-private lessons are available for all ages and will take place on weekdays and Saturdays. Learn more about swim lessons.
Die into summer with fun, engaging swim clinics! These clinics will provide instruction from encouraging coaches and the opportunity to improve your swim skills! Clinics will begin in spring and continue through summer. Registration coming soon!
DIVE INTO SWIM TEAM
Dive into swim team! Swim team takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays with tryouts at 4:00pm and practices at 4:30pm. Email Head Swim Coach Maria Coffer at [email protected] to schedule your tryout today! Learn more about swim team here.
EXTENDED LEARNING ACADEMY AT BELLA MENTE
The Extended Learning Academy is one of several state-funded Expanded Learning Programs (ELP) that provides free before and after school care for qualifying families at Bella Mente. Learn more.
- Music & Movement: Mondays, 11:30am
- Gymnastics: Wednesdays, 11:30am
- Little One & Fun: Fridays, 11:30am
Stay and play! These programs are for ages 2 to 5. Parents can stay and play or go get a workout in!
Get in the game with winter sports at the Y with youth sports and peewee lessons. Youth leagues and clinics are for ages 5-13. Peewee lessons and leagues are for ages 2-5. See the current sports offerings for the upcoming season below. Winter league registration is now open! (You can also register by visiting the front desk or calling us at (760-758-0808).) - Register now online!
- Youth soccer leagues: Youth soccer leagues begin in January! First game begins on January 20, 2023. League season is January 20-March 16. Registration is now open. - Sign up today!
- Divisions & times: Ages 5-7 on Saturdays, 10:00-10:55am | Ages 8-11 on Saturdays, 11:00-11:55am
- Youth soccer clinics: Youth soccer clinics are monthly in December & January! .
- Peewee lessons: Young athletes, ages 2-5, can enjoy learning to love a sport at the YMCA! Lessons are monthly and take place in December and January at the following times:
Keep active and get creative in more ways that just traditional sports! Accept the adventure of art and creativity, or get in the game on the playground with fun, classic games! These exciting activities for fellow homeschoolers are at the following times:
- Playground Classics Partners: Ages 5 - 13 | Mondays, 2:00pm | Register today!
- Art Adventures: Ages 5-13 | Mondays, 2:00pm & Tuesdays, 3:15pm | Register today!
We are proud to offer many high-quality martial art programs that provide an encouraging, non-intimidating and family-friendly environment for students of all ages. Learn more.
Build your confidence, personal discipline, muscle strength and self-respect! We are now enrolling for for youth karate classes for December and January!
- Ages 3-5 | Wednesday, 4:00pm–4:30pm
- Ages 5-10| Wednesday, 4:45pm–5:30pm
PARENT SUPPORT GROUPS
Parent Support Groups play a key role in inspiring and guiding parents through the development of their children and taking care of older adults. Our YMCA is creating a safe environment for members to come together to share in their trials, efforts and solutions. A support group can be a great way to check in with others and get advice, share your feelings, and build a support network. Please come and join us!
No registration is required for these monthly meetings. Join a Parent Support Group with others who have dependents in similar life stages. Contact Susie Ferrer at [email protected] for more information.
MONDAYS at 5:00pm
- 1st Mondays = High school age
- 2nd Mondays = College age
- 4th Mondays = Taking Care of our Parents
WEDNESDAYS at 10:00am
- 1st Wednesdays = Baby/Toddler age
- 2nd Wednesdays = Elementary age
- 3rd Wednesdays = Preteen/middle school age
- 4th Wednesdays = Caring for Diverse Abilities
Have fun after school at the Y playing classic playground games like tag, dodgeball, kickball and more! Register today.
Y’s Active Adults (55+)
MONTHLY YAA CLUBS
Are you looking to share your ideas, interests, and passion with other YAA members? Then these are perfect for you! The following clubs are currently running:
- Book Club — First Friday of every month | 9:00am | Back studio: Share your ideas and enjoy reading a variety of books. Pick up your book club reading list at the Welcome Center.
- WOW — Second Thursday of every month | 1:00pm | Locations vary: Widows and widowers who enjoy going out to lunch, concerts and community events.
- Craft Club — Third Thursday of every month | 1:00pm: We ask that you bring your own supplies, and our instructor will guide you through the craft with easy-to-follow instructions. A supply list will be provided each month — many of your supplies can be purchased at a dollar store.
- Dance Club: Our dance club happens quarterly — check back for upcoming meetings.
- Book Club: Friday, December 1 | 9:00am | Back studio — Pick up your book club reading list at the Welcome Center.
- Senior Reader Volunteers - Read to the children in Child Watch while their parent(s) works out. About 20 minutes a month.
- Parkinsons Support Group: Tuesday, December 12 | 9:30-11:00am - Get up to date and local information at our Support Group Informational table.
- Arts & Entertainment Club: Miracosta College in Oceanside at the Concert Hall — Enjoy the international film "IDA", "MOJO" jazz concert or "Dance Reflections". Please purchase tickets for this event through Miracosta College at Miracosta.edu/buytix, or call the box office at 760-795-6815.
- WOW (Widows and Widowers) Club: Thursday, December 14 | 1:00pm — We'll meet for lunch.
- Cards & Games Club: Monday, December 11 | 12:30pm | Front Studio — Join us to play games and meet other YAA members as we learn a new board game and increase brain power while having fun.
- Craft Club: Thursday, December 14 | 1:00pm | Front Studio — This month we're making Holiday ornaments and gift tags! Please see Alexis for the supply list. The supplies are inexpensive and can be purchased at Dollar Tree, Walmart and Hobby Lobby.
- Coffee & Pie Holiday Social: FREE | Tuesday, December 19 | 12:00pm — meet after chair yoga in the main, front studio for some holiday cheer and festive fun.
SOME GREAT CLASSES & INSTRUCTORS
Please pick up your YAA fitness schedule at the front desk or women’s locker room.
- Fitness Schedule: We are so thrilled to have so many YAA classes on the schedule. Let’s continue to keep our attendance high!
- Personal Training Tips: Do you have questions about our machines or equipment in the Fitness Center? Do you have a general question about an injury and need advice about what to do? Our friendly trainers and they will be glad to meet with you. They can show you specific exercises or set up a program for you. Look for staff wearing a black personal trainer shirt.
We’re listening to your comments and hear you are enjoying all of our low impact classes just as they are. Keep in mind, that we are always open to your suggestions and value your input for a better and stronger YAA program.
Get added to the YAA email list! The email comes directly from YAA Coordinator, Alexis Kramer. Get the latest information regarding classes, events and more. You can also pick up all flyers in the lobby or women’s locker room. If interested in being on the email list, please leave your name and email address with Alexis Kramer or leave at the front desk.
Y Active Adult Activities Around the County
View our Y Active Adults page to view programming and activities around the county.
Celebrate the holidays this month with your family and friends at the Y! YMCAs all throughout San Diego County are hosting holiday events and special programming to help you enjoy the holiday season. View all events.
PARENTS NIGHT OUT
Enjoy an evening out while we watch the kids, ages 3-13! This event takes place every third Friday of the month from 4:00pm- 7:00pm. Snacks, games, crafts and more will be provided. Children must be potty trained. Reserve your spot today!
- Upcoming dates: December 15
First Monday of every month | 5:00pm | Free — Come to listen, learn and laugh together during our exciting presentations. No registration is required.
Y in the COMMUNITY
Connecting You To Care
We've streamlined the child care search process with our enhanced referral system to help parents make the best decision for their families. Learn more!
Help Paying for Child Care
Do you or someone you know need help paying for child care?
The San Diego County Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) is one application that connects you to different agencies across San Diego to help pay for child care for families who qualify. Child care has become the second-largest expense for families – spending up to 50% of their household budget a year. See if you qualify for this service today.
KEEP IN TOUCH
CONNECT ON SOCIAL
Visit our subscription center to opt in for text-message alerts to ensure you receive updates that may affect your visit to the Y.