Magnolia ASES Program at Magnolia Science Academy
In partnership with the YMCA of San Diego County, the Magnolia ASES Program’s goal is to create a dynamic after-school environment that gives participants the boost they need to succeed academically and socially.
This free program provides structured academic, physical and social activities for grades 6th to 8th students who attend the Magnolia Science Academy.
This program operates immediately after school until 6:00 pm daily. However, this program does not operate when schools are closed, including intercessions, vacations and holidays.
Hours and Contact Information
- School Website: https://msasd.magnoliapublicschools.org
- Phone: (619) 346-9984
- Email: [email protected]
- M,W,Th,F Hours: 3:00 - 6:00 pm
- Tues Hours: 12:15 - 6:00 pm
How to Apply to the ASES After School Program
Enrollment & Participation Information
- All students from Kindergarten to Grade 8 who attend the ASES school site can apply.
- Applications can be turned into the school site.
Important Documents and PDF Forms
- ASES Application Packet (Coming soon!)
How Are Students Selected?
All students from 6th grade to 8th grade who attend The Magnolia Science Academy can apply.
However, priority is given to students who:
- Are referred by school personnel
- Can attend for 5 days a week
- Can attend for the duration of the program
Enrollment is also determined by:
- Total space available in the program at each school
Questions? Contact Us for More Information
If you would like to learn more about the Magnolia ASES program provided by the YMCA of San Diego County, please contact one of our staff below:
To contact the Program Director:
- Alejandro D. Estrada, Program Director | (619) 521-3055 ext. 6970 | [email protected]
Distance Learning Resources
Y Kids Activity Videos
Looking for engaging activities your kids can do at home? Our experienced team of camp instructors and child care professionals are working on bringing you activities that are easy to do and fun to try!
Online Youth Activities
We've compiled a list of online resources for kids of all ages, from crafts to classes, and virtual tours to kid-friendly podcasts. Find a fun activity for your family below.