I'M SAFE Program at Museum School
The I'M SAFE (Integrated Museum School Academics Fun & Enrichment) Program is one of several state-funded Expanded Learning Programs (ELP) offered by the YMCA of San Diego County in partnership with the Museum School.
The I’M SAFE Program will strive to ensure that all students are academically socially, culturally, and physically healthy. In collaboration with the YMCA of San Diego County, along with the Museum School, children, and their families we will work together to assure that our program serves in promoting entire student development and lifelong learning.
Hours and Contact Information
- School Website: http://museumschool.org
- Site Phone: (619) 548-9201
- Site Email: [email protected]
- M,T,W,F Hours: 7:15 - 9:00 am / 4:00 - 6:25 pm
- Thurs Hours: 7:15 - 9:00 am / 1:00 - 6:00 pm
How to Apply to the ASES After School Program
Application Start Date: April 13
- Applications must be turned in at the ASES school site, specifically to the ASES supervisor.
- All submitted applications will receive a receipt from the ASES staff indicating the application has been received.
- After an evaluation period, enrollment lists will be posted at the schools by: May 22
- All enrolled families must attend a mandatory parent meeting, as scheduled by the schools.
- Applications received after June 5 will be added to the schools’ waiting list and enrolled according to a needs assessment, not in the order received, as space becomes available.
Important Documents and PDF Forms
- (Coming soon!)
How Are Students Selected?
All students who attend ASES schools can apply.
However, priority is given to students who:
- Previously enrolled in program for the previous school year.
- Date of application/interest form submission.
- Number of days student will attend program.
- Length of time student will attend program.
- Students not accepted for participation will be placed on the waitlist and will be accepted as space becomes available.
- Families must re-apply each school year as current enrollment does not guarantee enrollment in future school years.
Enrollment is also determined by:
- Total space available in the program at each school
Before School Attendance
Participating students are expected to attend each day for a minimum of half of the program time (usually 45-60 minutes, depending on the school site).
After School Attendance
Participating students are expected to attend each day from school dismissal until 6:00 pm.
Questions? Contact Us for More Information
If you would like to learn more about the Monarch ASES program provided by the YMCA of San Diego County, please contact one of our staff below:
To contact the Program Director: