ASES at Oceanside Unified School District A Safe Place for After School Child Care
The goal of ASES is to create a dynamic after-school environment that gives children the boost they need to succeed academically and socially.
This free program provides structured academic, physical and social activities for students from one of the following “Title 1” elementary school sites:
This program generally operates immediately after school until 6:00 pm daily. However, this program does not operate when schools are closed, including intercessions, vacations and holidays.
How to Apply to the ASES After School Program
Application Start Date: April 13
- Applications must be turned in at the ASES school site, specifically to the ASES supervisor.
- All submitted applications will receive a receipt from the ASES staff indicating the application has been received.
- After an evaluation period, enrollment lists will be posted at the schools by: May 22
- All enrolled families must attend a mandatory parent meeting, as scheduled by the schools.
- Applications received after June 5 will be added to the schools’ waiting list and enrolled according to a needs assessment, not in the order received, as space becomes available.
Important Documents and PDF Forms
- ASES Enrollment Information – English | Spanish (Coming soon!)
- ASES Application Form (Coming soon!)
How Are Students Selected?
All students who attend ASES schools can apply.
However, priority is given to students who:
- Are in Grades 1 through 6
- Are referred by school personnel
- Can attend for 5 days a week
- Can attend for the duration of the program
Enrollment is also determined by:
- Total space available in the program at each school
If you would like to learn more about the Oceanside ASES Programs provided by the YMCA of San Diego County, please contact:
Navin Alavez, Program Director | (760) 294-5050 ext.1812 | [email protected]