ASES at Thrive Public Schools A Safe Place for After School Child Care
This free program provides structured academic, physical and social activities for students in grades K-8 attending the Mid-City Elementary (Juanita Street) and Mid-City Middle School (54th Street) Thrive Public Schools.
This program operates immediately after school until 6:00 pm daily. However, this program does not operate when schools are closed, including intercessions, vacations and holidays.
Hours and Contact Information
- Site Phone: (619) 672-0659
- Site Email: [email protected]
- M,T,Th,F Hours: 6:30 - 8:15 am / 3:30 - 6:00 pm
- Wed Hours: 6:30 - 8:15 am / 12:00 - 6:00 pm
How to Apply to the ASES After School Program
Initial Application Process
- Applications must be turned in at the ASES school site, specifically to the ASES supervisor, either in person, by mail, or by fax.
- All submitted applications will receive a receipt from the ASES staff indicating the application has been received.
- After an evaluation period, enrollment lists will be posted at the schools.
- All enrolled families must attend a mandatory parent meeting, as scheduled by the schools.
- Applications received after the evaluation period will be added to the schools’ waiting list and enrolled according to a needs assessment, not in the order received, as space becomes available.
Important Documents and PDF Forms
- (Coming soon!)
How Are Students Selected?
Enrollment is also determined by:
- Total space available in the program at each school
It is important that students who are enrolled in ASES attend each and every day for the duration of the program time. ASES does not operate when schools are closed for intercession, vacations or holidays.
Before School Attendance
Participating students are expected to attend each day for a minimum of half of the program time (usually 45-60 minutes, depending on the school site).
After School Attendance
Participating students are expected to attend each day from school dismissal until 6:00 pm.
Questions? Contact Us for More Information
If you would like to learn more about the Thrive Public Schools ASES program, please contact: