A Great Place to Learn and Play Before and After School
Character Builders is an affordable way to ensure your child is in a safe, fun, and caring environment before and/or after school. Each day includes a new program or activity to help participants learn, build life skills, and develop healthy relationships — including walking field trips, healthy snacks, sports and games, art and music, tutoring, and more!
2019-2020 School Year: New Families
How to Register
- Download and fill out the Enrollment Packet
- Download and fill out the Pricing Sheet for Bernardo Elementary School (coming soon)
Form also available for pick-up at the Palomar Family YMCA Welcome Center.
- Return the following items to the Palomar Family YMCA's Welcome Center:
- The completed enrollment packet and pricing sheet
- The $100 registration fee (if applicable)
- A confirmation email will be delivered as soon as the enrollment process is complete, with a welcome email containing general information following soon after.
Alternatively, a scanned digital copy of the completed enrollment packet and pricing sheet can be delivered via email to Karisa Riddle, Childcare Director, at [email protected]
Please note: If the participating child requires inhaled medications or an EpiPen, additional documentation is required.
For more information about registration, please check out our Registration Details section below.
Program Scholarships are available to those that qualify — apply for a Scholarship online here.
Information about Bernardo Elementary
Location and Contact Information
- Address: 1122 Mountain Heights Drive, Escondido, CA 92029 — Directions via Google Maps
- School Phone: (760) 432-2700
- Site Phone: (760) 644-2318
- Site Email: [email protected]
- School Website: Bernardo Elementary School
- License #: 376700216
All staff leaders are selected after a thorough interview and background check process and are cleared through the Community Care Licensing office of the State of California. Our staff has units in child development and a desire to be a great role model for your child and demonstrate YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Gio Cortes, Site Supervisor
- For questions about fees, registration, or other administrative issues:
Monthly Fees for Character Builders at Bernardo Elementary School 2018-2019
Fees have been calculated based upon an annualized rate of the total number of program days and divided into 10 equal monthly payments regardless of the number of school days per month of service. Fees cover all minimum days.
- Registration fee is $100 per child (if applicable)
- Program runs for 5 days: Monday through Friday
Program Fees for Grades 1-5
AM/PM Grades 1-5
M/T/W/F: 6:30-8am | 2:15-6pm
AM Grades 1-5
PM Grades 1-5
Program Fees for Kindergarten
Kinder Plus (A)
M/T/W/F: 8-11am | 2:21-4:30pm
Kinder Plus (B)
Kinder Extended (A)
M/T/W/F: 6:30-7:50am | 11:10am-6:00pm
Kinder Extended (B)
M/T/W/F: 6:30-11:00am | 2:21pm-6:00pm
This program is available only for students from Bernardo Elementary in Kindergarten to Grade 5.
Registration Fee is $100 per child, but no registration fee is required for active members.
Please allow 2 business days for paperwork and tuition fees to be processed before child care services may begin.
All fees are due in advance of the month of service. Fees are paid by credit card on the 15th or by ATS (bank draft) on the 25th. ATS are deducted monthly from your checking account.
If balances are not paid on time, your child may not participate in the program.
Scholarships are available for those that qualify — apply for a Scholarship online here.
- Identification and Emergency Information Form (LIC 700)
- Child's Pre-admission Health History - Parent's Report (LIC 702)
- Consent for Emergency Medical Treatment (LIC 627)
- Personal Rights (LIC 613A)
- Notification of Parents' Rights (LIC 995)
Questions? Contact Us
If you have any questions about Character Builders or the registration process, please give us a call!
Our team is available during Palomar Family YMCA business hours at (760) 745-7490.
Additional contact info is available in the About Our Staff section above. We look forward to speaking with you!