A Great Place to Learn and Play
Character Builders is an affordable way to ensure your child is in a safe, fun, and caring environment. Each day includes a new program or activity to help participants learn, build life skills, and develop healthy relationships — including walking field trips, healthy snacks, sports and games, art and music, homework support and more!
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR NEW FAMILIES
How to Register
- Download and fill out the Registration Packet
- Return the completed packet via e-mail to [email protected]
- Vonfirmation and/or more information will be sent out via email to confirm registration and placement.
Quick Link Documents
For more information about registration, please check out our Registration Details section below.
Program scholarships are available to those who qualify — apply for a scholarship online here.
Information about Camarena Elementary School
Location and Contact Information
- Address: 1650 Exploration Falls Drive, Chula Vista, CA 91915 — Directions via Google Maps
- School Phone: (619) 591-5500
- Site Phone: (619) 591-5500 ext. 630201
- Site Email: [email protected]
- School Website: Camarena Elementary School
- License #: 376700988
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday:
7:30am - 4:00pm
7:30 - 8:30am
3:00 - 4:00pm
All staff leaders are selected after a thorough interview and background check process and are cleared through the Community Care Licensing office of the State of California. Our staff has units in child development and a desire to be a great role model for your child and demonstrate YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Gillian Gorelik, Program Director | [email protected]
Business Center | [email protected]
Fees for Character Builders at Camarena Elementary School 2020-2021
Fees are paid monthly for the month of service. Fees include all minimum days. No make-up days will be allowed due to illness, vacation or holidays. All rates are based on the weekly rate times the number of weeks school is in session per month (see payment schedule for monthly totals based on the CVESD Calendars).
# OF DAYS
In order to maintain proper ratios at sites, 3 day rate enrollees may only attend on the same 3 days, 1 day enrollees may only attend on the same day
Registration Fee is $50 per child for YMCA members and $100 per child for Non-YMCA members.
Scholarships are available for those that qualify.
- Identification and Emergency Information Form (LIC 700)
- Child's Pre-admission Health History - Parent's Report (LIC 702)
- Consent for Emergency Medical Treatment (LIC 627)
- Personal Rights (LIC 613A)
- Notification of Parents' Rights (LIC 995)
Questions? Contact Us
If you have any questions about Character Builders or the registration process, please email us!
Additional contact info is available in the About Our Staff section above. We look forward to speaking with you!