YMCA FULL-DAY ACADEMIC ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS
Our full-day academic enrichment programming is committed to providing a safe, supportive environment that supports school distance learning curriculums. Students will receive academic support and assistance with Zoom meetings for online learning. Students will also have to opportunity to engage in activities that stretch both mind and body, including physical education, creative arts, science, cooking, swimming and more. Students will be placed in small, stable groups, utilizing both indoor and outdoor spaces following all guidelines for health and safety.
FULL-DAY ACADEMIC ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS
Our curriculum is built around the school districts and families to ensure our staff are providing the highest level of support needed for each grade level in distance learning. As well as providing age and developmentally appropriate recreation and enrichment activities after distance learning is completed each day. Some locations may offer specialty options that focus on a particular subject or area of interest.
- Sessions run Monday through Friday.
- Hours vary by school district.
- Meets at YMCA branches and off-site locations.
- Activities may include academic support for online learning, sports, games, dance, art and STEM/STEAM.
PARTICIPATING YMCA LOCATIONS
We are currently operating academic enrichment programs at the following locations:
- Copley-Price Family YMCA from 7:30am to 4:00pm
- Dan McKinney Family YMCA - Not Currently Enrolling
- Jackie Robinson Family YMCA - Sign up
- Mission Valley YMCA from 8:00am to 4:30pm. Sign up
- You may save a spot in a program by placing a $100 deposit at the time of registration (unless within one week of the program start date). Deposits are non-refundable but can be applied as a deposit for another month if space is available
- Payment covers a full month. Nonpayment will result in the child being removed from the roster and their space becoming available to new registrants.
- Due to health and safety protocols, we can only offer spots to a limited number of participants. Registration is based on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage anyone interested in academic enrichment programs to register as soon as possible.
- These unprecedented times have created an unprecedented need for financial assistance. Please email us at [email protected] to discuss options that may be available to you.
- If minimum enrollment is not met for any academic enrichment programs, they will be canceled and registrants will be notified and accommodated in other programs where possible.
See payment policies for more information on fees, refunds and vouchers.
TECHNOLOGY & ACCESS
To allow our staff to provide appropriate academic support, students should have the following items daily during attendance.
- Backpack and all supplies needed or provided by schools to complete assignments. This includes printed materials such as textbooks and worksheets. Supplies will not be shared.
- Written log-in credentials for all online platforms (i.e. usernames and passwords for Zoom, SeeSaw, Epic, etc.).
- A laptop/tablet to complete online assignments, along with headphones and a power charger.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Our top priority is the health and safety of our students, their families, our staff and the community. We are working closely with local health officials and the CDC to ensure all recommended safety measures are met.
Our academic enrichment program operations will meet or exceed the required standards set forth by local and national experts to ensure a safe experience, including:
- Participants will remain in the same small group each day
- We will operate with a 14 children to 1 adult ratio
- When possible, groups will retain the same assigned staff all week.
- Daily temperature checks are mandatory for all attendees and staff before check-in. Any child or staff with a temperature exceeding 100°F will not be allowed to attend the program that day.
- Frequent handwashing and enhanced sanitation practices.
- Staff will sanitize supplies and facilities throughout the day.
- Program activities will follow social distancing
- Program groups will have limited to zero interaction with other groups, following social distancing guidelines.
- Staff have been provided with personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Staff have been trained in new COVID-19 procedures and safety protocols.
MASKS & FACE COVERS
The safety of our participants, their families and our staff is our top priority, which is why we’ve implemented additional protective measures this summer that include increased cleaning, sanitizing, prescreen health checks and physical distancing.
Following guidance set forth by federal, state and local authorities and Y-USA experts, we’ve implemented the following guidelines to enhance safety:
- Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times both indoors and outside throughout the day.
- Participants are required to wear masks when inside public areas and not social distancing. Most enrichment programs operate outdoors with activities in environments designed for social distancing.
- Staff, adults and participants are required to wear masks when checking in and out each day
Our team will continue to monitor county guidelines as they relate to academic enrichment programs and implement any changes to safety procedures promptly.
For more information about our Academic Enrichment Policies and Expectations, click here.