Enrichment Program - Afternoon
Our part-day enrichment program provides a safe environment that helps your child stay active and engaged. Children will engage in imaginative play and activities that stretch both mind and body, including physical education, creative arts, science, cooking, swimming and more. Some locations may offer specialty options that focus on a particular subject or area of interest. Utilizing both indoor and outdoor spaces, students will be placed in small, stable groups, following all guidelines for health and safety.
On or before 05/28/2021
While the school year may look different, the YMCA's afternoon enrichment programs are here to provide additional support for your family. Children will enjoy physical activity, social time and creative outlets during their time out of school.
- Children will have fun participating in age appropriate activities that focus on art exploration and STEAM projects. Also, they will swim and participate in other physical activities.
- Families will receive a weekly email with program details and reminders.
- Programs will use both indoor and outdoor spaces and will be located at the Mission Valley YMCA.
- Daily programs will be 4 hours long and academic support will not be offered.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Our top priority is the health and safety of our students, their families, our staff and the community. We are working closely with health officials and the CDC to ensure all recommended safety measures are met.
- Participants will remain in the same small group each day
- Groups will retain the same assigned staff all week.
- Low staff-to-participant ratios based on the age range of participants
- Daily temperature checks are mandatory for all campers and staff before check-in. Any child or staff with a temperature exceeding 100 F will not be allowed to attend the program that day.
- Frequent handwashing and enhanced sanitation practices.
- Staff will sanitize supplies and facilities throughout the day.
- Program activities will follow social distancing
- Program groups will have limited to zero interaction with other groups, following social distancing guidelines.
- Staff has been provided with personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Staff has been trained in new COVID-19 procedures and safety protocols.
Sessions are weekly, and you may save a spot by placing a $50 deposit (not available within one week of program start date). All fees must be paid in full the Monday prior to the program start date.
For information about this program or policies, visit our Enrichment page.