Lecture - Alzheimers
Healthy living is about more than exercise. At the Y, adults can choose from a variety of social activities and events that provide an avenue for spending time with friends, building connections and exploring interests. Take a day trip to a museum or wine country, play a game of bridge or pickleball, hike a mountain or paddle a kayak, take in a movie or discuss a book — everyone from baby boomers to seniors can find something fun to do at the Y.
On or before 05/04/2020
Alzheimer’s Disease is not Normal Aging!
It’s a disease of the brain that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. Join us to learn about:
- The relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- What happens in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s.
- The risk factors for and three general stages of the disease.
- FDA-approved treatments available to treat some symptoms.
- What’s on the horizon for Alzheimer’s research.
- Alzheimer’s Association resources.