Boys Gymnastics Team Camp
6 Hours Per Week
The YMCA hosts competitive boys gymnastics, that compete locally and nationally. Our goal is that each gymnast improves skill through increased training in a safe, enjoyable environment while introducing them to the world of competitive sports.
Your gymnast will develop discipline, self-respect, sportsmanship, team camaraderie, and learn important skills like realistic goal setting and teamwork.
The coaching staff strives to instruct gymnasts to perform the safest, technically correct gymnastics while teaching respect for self, coaches, family, and peers while embodying the Y’s core values.
On or before 08/08/2020
Please Note: Only gymnasts who have met the prerequisites and are already part of our Gymnastics Team may register for this program.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The health and safety of our participants and staff continues to be our top priority. Our Gymnastics Team programs follow state, local and federal guidelines to ensure a safe experience.
Here is some important information regarding safety:
- Gymnasts should bring water in a refillable water bottle and their own bag.
- Daily temperature checks are mandatory for all gymnasts and staff at check-in. Any person with a temperature exceeding 100°F will not be allowed to attend practice that day.
- We have lowered our staff-to-gymnast ratio to 1:12
- Frequent hand washing and sanitization is required.
- Staff will sanitize gymnastics equipment throughout the day.
- Gymnasts and staff must follow social distancing guidelines.
- Gymnastics team practice groups will have limited to zero interaction with other groups to ensure social distancing.
- Staff are required to wear masks at all times.
- Gymnasts must wear masks coming in and out of the facility. Gymnasts are encouraged to wear masks while practicing, but it is not mandatory.
- Staff have been provided with personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Staff have been trained in new COVID-19 procedures and safety protocols.
- Only active gymnastics team participants will be allowed inside of the facility. Each branch will have a specific area for spectators. It may be indoor or outdoor. Spectators must follow social distancing guidelines.