Boys Level 1
Expanding on skills learned in Beginners Gymnastics, participants will explore vault, bars, and beam equipment to increase comfort and familiarity. Floor excercises will expand to one-armed cartwheels, assisted bridge kickovers, power hurdles candlestick and straight jump. Coach evaluation required.
Experienced coaches carefully developed our curriculum with progressive skills that allow gymnasts to advance through each level safely. Because we focus on rewarding individual character development as much as physical skill achievement, we rely on evaluations to test your gymnast’s current skill mastery to ensure they are in the right level class. Evaluations take place throughout the session to provide thorough, consistent feedback to parents and gymnasts about their progress through our curriculum.
To ensure your gymnast is in the proper class level, a coach evaluation is required prior to registration. The evaluation will test their mastery of the following skills:
- Vault Skills: Run punch straight jump, jump to stick off block
- Rings Skills: Five second chin hold, five second tuck hold, five swings, inverted hang
- Floor Skills: Pancake, push-up hold, bridge, backward roll down cheese, forward roll down cheese, tripod
- P-Bars Skills: Five second tuck hold, bear crawl, spotted support swings
- High Bar Skills: Five second chin hold, skin the cat, support hold, pullover any way
On or before 10/27/2022
The health and safety of our participants and staff continues to be our top priority. Our gymnastics programs follow state, local and federal guidelines to ensure a safe experience. We have updated our health and safety procedures to keep our participants safe. View our safety guidelines and policies here.