Boys Level 2
Gymnasts must be able to confidently perform beginner level equipment and floor routines while working to expand proper skills. Our intermediate curriculum includes skills on vaults, bars and beams such as arm circle, squat-on-floor bar, and handstand forward roll as well as introducing additional strength training techniques. Coach evaluation required.
Experienced coaches carefully developed our curriculum with progressive skills that allow gymnasts to advance through each level safely. Because we focus on rewarding individual character development as much as physical skill achievement, we rely on evaluations to test your gymnast’s current skill mastery to ensure they are in the right level class. Evaluations take place throughout the session to provide thorough, consistent feedback to parents and gymnasts about their progress through our curriculum.
To ensure your gymnast is in the proper class level, a coach evaluation is required prior to registration. The evaluation will test their mastery of the following skills:
- Vault Skills: Sprint, tuck jump off block, run punch onto block
- Rings Skills: Two pull-ups, inverted hang to pike hang, German hang
- Floor Skills: Handstand, cartwheel, straddle to headstand, backward roll
- P-Bars Skills: Ten second tuck hold, horizontal swings, three push-ups on parallettes, penguin walk
- High Bar Skills: Three tuck ups, three swings-regrip-backward dismount, cast, pull-up, spotted pullover
- Mushroom/Pommel Skills: Straddle swings
On or before 12/20/2022
The health and safety of our participants and staff continues to be our top priority. Our gymnastics programs follow state, local and federal guidelines to ensure a safe experience. We have updated our health and safety procedures to keep our participants safe. View our safety guidelines and policies here.