Girls Level 2
Gymnasts must be able to confidently perform beginner level equipment and floor routines while working to expand proper skills. Our intermediate curriculum includes skills on vaults, bars and beams such as arm circle, squat on floor bar, and handstand forward roll as well as introducing additional strength training techniques. Coach evaluation required.
Experienced coaches carefully developed our curriculum with progressive skills that allow gymnasts to advance through each level safely. Because we focus on rewarding individual character development as much as physical skill achievement, we rely on evaluations to test your gymnast’s current skill mastery to ensure they are in the right level class. Evaluations take place throughout the session to provide thorough, consistent feedback to parents and gymnasts about their progress through our curriculum.
To ensure your gymnast is in the proper class level, a coach evaluation is required prior to registration. The evaluation will test their mastery of the following skills:
- Vault Skills: Straight jump to stacked mats, stationary HS flat back, vault shapes
- Bars Skills: Pullover (two feet, back hip circle, shape holds), toes to bar (inverted hollow), underswing dismount, multiple casts in a row, cast straddle sole circle dismount, assisted pull-ups
- Beam Skills: Lever, pivot pivot, handstand, side handstand, passe releve, lock position, pike stand to needle kick, tuck, side handstand from knee
- Floor Skills: Handstand, splits, cartwheel step in, hurdle, assisted bridge kick over, one-armed cartwheel, chasses to leg swing, split jump, candlestick straight jump, forward entry cartwheel turn in, lever, power hurdle, hollow/arch hold
On or before 05/22/2021
The health and safety of our participants and staff continues to be our top priority. Our Gymnastics programs follow state, local and federal guidelines to ensure a safe experience.
Here is some important information regarding safety:
- Gymnasts should bring water in a refillable water bottle and their own bag.
- Daily temperature checks are mandatory for all gymnasts and staff at check-in. Any person with a temperature exceeding 100°F will not be allowed to attend practice that day.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitization is required.
- Staff will sanitize gymnastics equipment throughout the day.
- Gymnasts and staff must follow social distancing guidelines.
- Gymnastics groups will have limited to zero interaction with other groups to ensure social distancing.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times.
- Face coverings must be worn into and out of the gymnastics facility, and during transitions from event to event.
- Staff have been provided with personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Staff have been trained in new COVID-19 procedures and safety protocols.
- Parents and guardians are not permitted inside the gymnastics area. Each branch will have a specific area for spectators. It may be indoor or outdoor. Spectators must follow social distancing guidelines.
If you have questions, use the contact form below.