Girls Level 3
This progressive class is a prerequisite to Girls Advanced non-competitive, and builds on the solid foundation developed in previous levels to safely advance. Gymnasts should be able to adequately follow routine and choreography, demonstrate confidence and efficiency on gymnastics equipment and floor exercises including round off to back/rebound, arabesque/scale, back hip circle underswing, and FHS over rezi sideways. Coach evaluation required.
Experienced coaches carefully developed our curriculum with progressive skills that allow gymnasts to advance through each level safely. Because we focus on rewarding individual character development as much as physical skill achievement, we rely on evaluations to test your gymnast’s current skill mastery to ensure they are in the right level class. Evaluations take place throughout the session to provide thorough, consistent feedback to parents and gymnasts about their progress through our curriculum.
To ensure your gymnast is in the proper class level, a coach evaluation is required prior to registration. The evaluation will test their mastery of the following skills:
- Vault Skills: Jump HS flat back to 16 inches, arm circle, jump HS flatback to rezi
- Bars Skills: Pullover (jump chin to bar), single leg cut forward, single leg cut forward, basket swing, glide swing, multiple casts in a row to backhip circle, squat on floor bar, pull-ups, tuck ups/half leg lifts
- Beam skills: Lever, pivot pivot (HB), front support mount, swing to push-up position, side handstand (HB), handstand (HB), connected straight jumps, pike stand to knee kick stand
- Floors Skills: Backbend/backwalkover, power hurdle round off, split jump, bridge kickover, heel snap turn, backward roll to pike stand, leap, ¼ turn - ¼ turn, backward roll to push-up, cartwheel step in, straight arm backward roll to push-up position, handstand forward roll, hollow/arch hold
On or before 05/22/2021
The health and safety of our participants and staff continues to be our top priority. Our Gymnastics programs follow state, local and federal guidelines to ensure a safe experience.
Here is some important information regarding safety:
- Gymnasts should bring water in a refillable water bottle and their own bag.
- Daily temperature checks are mandatory for all gymnasts and staff at check-in. Any person with a temperature exceeding 100°F will not be allowed to attend practice that day.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitization is required.
- Staff will sanitize gymnastics equipment throughout the day.
- Gymnasts and staff must follow social distancing guidelines.
- Gymnastics groups will have limited to zero interaction with other groups to ensure social distancing.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times.
- Face coverings must be worn into and out of the gymnastics facility, and during transitions from event to event.
- Staff have been provided with personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Staff have been trained in new COVID-19 procedures and safety protocols.
- Parents and guardians are not permitted inside the gymnastics area. Each branch will have a specific area for spectators. It may be indoor or outdoor. Spectators must follow social distancing guidelines.
If you have questions, use the contact form below.