Ideal for pre and post-natal, injury recovery and people with mobility challenges.
Activities that lengthen and stretch muscles can help prevent injuries, back pain and balance problems. Enhances the mind/body connection and range of motion.
Strengthens the deep abdominal muscles and supports proper posture and alignment.
Strengthens the muscles that help keep you upright, including your legs and core. These kinds of exercises can improve stability and help prevent falls.
Increases strength and enhances muscular development and coordination.
Enhances neuromuscular activity and helps improve mind/body connection through specified movement patterns.
On or before 12/31/2021
About Personal Training
- Personal training is available in packages of 5, 10, 15 and 20 sessions. You may purchase a package at any YMCA location or online.
- When you purchase a package online, the health and wellness director at the branch will contact you to confirm your purchase, match you with a trainer and set up your first appointment.
- Sessions are 55 minutes, scheduled in advance with your trainer.
- New-Client Special (one person): If you’re new to personal training, you can purchase five individual sessions for a special introductory price.
- Individual: Work one-on-one with a trainer to achieve health and wellness goals.
- Partner Training (two people): Enjoy the motivation of a partner or friend while sharing the expertise of your personal trainer. Package prices are per person.
- Small-Group Training (three to six people): Work toward similar fitness goals with three to six people. Check with your branch for maximum group size. Package prices are per person.
Our personal trainers have one or more of the following qualifications:
- NCCA Accredited Certification
- ACE (American Council on Exercise)
- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine)
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Degree in exercise science or related field OR 4-year degree or 1-year exercise science certification
- We'll make every effort to match you with a trainer who can accommodate your schedule and training goals. If you would like to switch trainers, contact us, and we will work with you to find the right trainer.
- Due to liability reasons, only trainers employed by the YMCA are allowed to train clients in our facilities.
- Your personal training sessions must be completed at the branch where purchased.
- You must be a member of the Y to purchase personal training.
- In additional to personal training sessions in our fitness center, many Ys offer specialized personal training options, including GRAVITY, aquatic training and Pilates Reformer training
Financial assistance is available for personal training and other YMCA programs and activities. See our Scholarships section for more information.
See the Personal Training page for complete information on pricing and package options.