Basketball - Coed Class
Peewee Sports Class
Learn to love basketball at the Y! These introductory classes introduce the basic skills of the game in a positive, fun environment. Our youngest sports enjoy being active with other children and tend to make friends, develop sportsmanship and build self-esteem. We offer sessions year-round, and classes typically meet once weekly for four to eight weeks. Parent participation may be required.
On or before 04/04/2020
- Classes will focus on drills with some games in a fun environment. Coaches will distribute a schedule on the first day of class.
- Meet on the west basketball court at Mission Valley YMCA.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes.
- You may bring a basketball (size 27.5), but it is not required. Please mark the ball with your child’s name.
- Please bring a water bottle.
- Parents are welcome to help out in class. Just let the coach know in advance.
- Schedule changes: Please make sure we have your email address on file. Our staff will send an email notification if class is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
Contact Susan Gould at [email protected] or (619) 298-3576 with specific questions.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.
Coaches Wanted: We are always looking for talented and dedicated people to serve as volunteer coaches. If you are interested, please contact: Susan Gould,