Basketball - Coed Class
Preschool Sports Lessons
Learn to love basketball at the Y! These introductory classes introduce the basic skills of the game in a positive, fun environment. Our youngest sports enjoy being active with other children and tend to make friends, develop sportsmanship and build self-esteem. We offer sessions year-round, and classes typically meet once weekly for four to eight weeks. Parent participation may be required.
On or before 02/29/2020
Lil' Hoops classes (ages 4-5) provide a fun introduction to basketball, with a focus on dribbling, passing, and shooting with creative games.
Big Hoops classes (ages 6-7) are appropriate for all basketball skill levels. Class will work on ball handling fundamentals, lay-ups, shooting, and defense to prepare players for teams and leagues.
- Class meets at Rancho Family YMCA.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes and athletic apparel.
- All equipment is provided by the YMCA.
- Please bring a water bottle.
- Parents are welcome to help out during class, and we encourage parent participation for players under age 5.
- Schedule changes: Please make sure we have your email address on file. The sports team will send an email notification if class is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Contact Andy Marrufo at [email protected] or (858) 484-8788 ext. 12926 with questions.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.