On or before 06/13/2020
Winter 2019-2020 Season Important Dates:
Saturday, January 4: Mandatory Skills Assessments
- Boys 13-17; Girls 14-17 at 9:30am
- Boys 9-12 at 10:30am
- Girls 10-13 at 11:30am
- Coed 5-6 at 12:30pm
- Boys 7-9 and Girls 7-9 at 12:30pm
Tuesday, January 7: Make-up Assessments
- Coed 5-6 & Boys/Girls 7-9 at 5:00pm
Wednesday, January 8: Make-up Assessments
- Boys 9-17 & Girls 10-17 at 5:00pm
January 14-17: First week of practice
- All practices are held at Mission Valley YMCA
Saturday, January 25: First game
Saturday, March 14: Last game
- Our sports programs are all about fun and building positive relationships. We encourage parents to support players on the sidelines and as volunteer coaches, team parents or scorekeepers. Contact Susan Gould, [email protected], to learn more about becoming a volunteer.
- Practice days and times are set by the program director. The practice day and times for each division is as follows:
- 5-6 coed (Wednesday or Thursday at 5:00pm)
- 7-9 boys (Tuesday, Wednesday at 6:00pm or Friday at 5:00pm)
- 7-9 girls (Tuesday at 5:00pm or 6:00pm
- 9-12 boys (Friday at 5:00pm or 6:00pm)
- 10-13 girls (Thursday at 5:00pm or 6:00pm)
- 13-17 boys (Friday at 7:00pm or 8:00pm)
- Uniform/equipment: Wear closed-toe shoes, comfortable clothing. The Y will provide game jerseys. You may bring a ball marked with your child’s name, but it is not required.
- Your team and program director will communicate through PLAYERSPACE, a web-based platform that provides convenient access to schedules, practice times and team information and notifications concerning schedule changes. Please ensure we have your email address on file.
- Please bring a water bottle.
- Food, drink (other than water) and chewing gum are not allowed on the court.
Questions: Contact Susan Gould at [email protected] or (619) 298-3576.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.