Soccer - Coed League
Youth Recreational League
Learn to love soccer at the Y! We offer recreational soccer leagues year-round for players up to age 17. With a focus on safety, sportsmanship and teamwork, we provide an environment in which children can learn skills, have fun and be active. Most leagues run eight weeks, with games on Saturday and weekly practices.
At the Y, winning isn’t all about athleticism and scoring the most points. We encourage healthy competition and improving skills. Every child on the team has the opportunity to play, and we encourage them to set individual goals and cooperate with others.
Prior to forming teams, we conduct skills assessments that include fun drills and scrimmages. Our goal is to create teams that reflect a balance of age, height, skill level and gender, based on the staff’s assessment of each player. Parents may request specific practice days and times, coaches or teams. We will consider, but cannot guarantee, requests.
On or before 03/14/2020
Winter 2019-2020 Season Important Dates:
Monday, January 6: Mandatory Skills Assessments
- Ages 5-6 & 7-9 from 5:00-6:00pm
- Ages 10-12 & 13-17 from 6:00-7:00pm
Monday, January 13: First Practices
- All practices & skills assesments are held on Mondays at Clairemont High School
- Ages 5-6 (coed) and Ages 7-9 (coed): 5:00-6:00pm
- Ages 10-12 (coed) and Ages 13-17 (coed): 6:00-7:00pm
Saturday, January 25: First Games
- Games for ages 5-6 & 7-9 are played at Toby Wells YMCA.
- Games for ages 10-12 & 13-17 are played at other YMCAs.
Saturday, March 14: Last Games
- Our sports programs are all about fun and building positive relationships. We encourage parents to support players on the sidelines and as volunteer coaches, team parents or scorekeepers. Contact Susan Gould, [email protected], to learn more about becoming a volunteer.
- Uniform/equipment: Wear closed-toe shoes, comfortable clothing, shin guards. No jewelry or watches allowed; and no metal spike and stud cleats. The Y will provide game jerseys. You may bring a ball marked with your child’s name, but it is not required.
- Your team will communicate through PLAYERSPACE, a web-based platform that provides convenient access to schedules, practice times and team information and notifications concerning schedule changes. Please ensure we have your email address on file.
- Please bring a water bottle and wear sunscreen.
- Food, drink (other than water) and chewing gum are not allowed inside the soccer arena.
Questions: Contact Susan Gould at [email protected] or (619) 298-3576.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.