Soccer - Coed League
Youth Recreational League
Learn to love soccer at the Y! We offer recreational soccer leagues year-round for players up to age 17. With a focus on safety, sportsmanship and teamwork, we provide an environment in which children can learn skills, have fun and be active. Most leagues run eight weeks, with games on Saturday and weekly practices.
At the Y, winning isn’t all about athleticism and scoring the most points. We encourage healthy competition and improving skills. Every child on the team has the opportunity to play, and we encourage them to set individual goals and cooperate with others.
Prior to forming teams, we conduct skills assessments that include fun drills and scrimmages. Our goal is to create teams that reflect a balance of age, height, skill level and gender, based on the staff’s assessment of each player. Parents may request specific practice days and times, coaches or teams. We will consider, but cannot guarantee, requests.
On or before 01/04/2020
Eastlake YMCA recreational sports leagues emphasize character development and family involvement. Our staff and coaches give each child the tools to succeed in both athletics and personal growth.
Games are at Rohr Park, 4187 Sweetwater Road, Bonita, CA 91902 (Gate A). Please bring a lawn chair; there are no bleachers at this location. Division 10-12 teams may travel to other YMCA's to play games. Practices are before games, and games are Saturdays between 9:00am and 3:00pm.
- Practices: Teams practice on Saturdays before their game — divisions 4-6 practices are 30 minutes prior to the game; divisions 7-12 are one hour prior to game time.
- Attire: Athletic shorts, closed-toe shoes (cleats preferred), T-shirt and shin guards (required. No jewelry or watches allowed; and no metal spike and stud cleats. The Y will provide game jerseys. You may bring a ball marked with your child’s name, but it is not required.
- Please bring a water bottle
- Coach Requests: Our goal is to ensure balanced sports teams where all players have the ability to reach their fullest potential. In order to accomplish this goal, we will accept requests until September 21. Requests are not guaranteed, however, players who make a request and attend assessments will have priority. We will make every attempt to guarantee sibling requests. All other requests will be granted based on the needs of the program.
- Your team will communicate through PLAYERSPACE, a web-based platform that provides convenient access to schedules, practice times and team information and notifications concerning schedule changes. Please ensure we have your email address on file. Players will receive information about their team, practice time and coach via email by October 7.
- Jersey size: Player jerseys will arrive by the first game (if registered by September 21). Specific size may not be guaranteed for registrations after September 22. Be sure to provide jersey size upon registration.
- Coaches: Coaches are approved volunteers or staff members. We will provide them with the player's name, parent’s name, email and phone number.
- Eight-week season fee includes a game jersey and a medal at the end of the seasonl.
- Our sports programs are all about fun and building positive relationships. We encourage parents to support players on the sidelines and as volunteer coaches, team parents or scorekeepers. Contact Ray Wu at [email protected] for info on volunteering.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.