Youth Co-ed Sports Leagues
Whether you're a soccer fanatic, a first-time player, or have a kid who's looking to learn, the YMCA has the soccer program you're looking for! Our branches offer practice and recreational scrimmages for kids to learn teamwork and basic skills (where every child gets a chance to play), as well as clinics to work on technique with drills and excellent coaching, and competitive leagues for advanced youngsters and adults.
On or before 02/29/2020
Winter 2019/2020 Season Important Dates:
Leagues run nine weeks, with games on Saturday and practices scheduled 45 minutes prior to game.
Saturday, January 11: Mandatory Skills Assessments
- Ages 4-6 from 9:00 to 10:10am
- Ages 7-9 from 10:15 to 11:15am
- Ages 10-12 from 10:15 to 11:15 am
Saturday, January 18: First Practices
Saturday, January 25: First Games
Saturday, February 15: Picture Day
Saturday, March 14: Final Games
- Our sports programs are all about fun and building positive relationships. We encourage parents to support players on the sidelines and as volunteer coaches, team parents or scorekeepers. Contact Andy Marrufo, [email protected] to learn more about becoming a volunteer.
- Uniform/equipment: Wear plastic soccer cleats, athletic apparel, and shin guards. No jewelry or watches allowed; and no metal spike and stud cleats. The Y will provide game jerseys. You may bring a ball marked with your child’s name, but it is not required.
- Your team will communicate through PLAYERSPACE, a web-based platform that provides convenient access to schedules, practice times and team information and notifications concerning schedule changes. Please ensure we have your email address on file.
- Please bring a water bottle and wear sunscreen.
Questions: Contact Andy Marrufo, [email protected] or (858) 484-8788.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.
Rancho Family YMCA's Scripps Poway Parkway Facility
10481 Scripps Poway Parkway
San Diego, CA 92131 — map