Volleyball - Coed League
Youth Recreational League
Bump, spike and volley at the YMCA! We offer recreational volleyball leagues for ages 7 to 17. With a focus on safety, sportsmanship and teamwork, we provide an environment in which children can learn skills, have fun and be active. Our leagues provide an opportunity for all age groups to learn the game and improve their skills!
At the Y, winning isn’t all about athleticism and scoring the most points. We encourage healthy competition and improving skills. Every child on the team has the opportunity to play, and we encourage them to set individual goals and cooperate with others.
On or before 04/05/2020
Spring 2020 Season Important Dates:
Sunday, April 5: Mandatory Skills Assessments
- Ages 12-16 at 1:30pm
Friday, April 17: First games
Friday, June 12: Last games
- League is eight weeks, with practices on Sunday afternoons and games on Friday evenings.
- Our sports programs are all about fun and building positive relationships. We encourage parents to support players on the sidelines and as volunteer coaches, team parents or scorekeepers. Contact Annmarie Clifford, [email protected], to learn more about becoming a volunteer.
- Uniform/equipment: Wear closed-toe shoes, comfortable clothing, knee pads No jewelry or watches allowed. The Y will provide game jerseys. You may bring a ball marked with your child’s name, but it is not required.
- Your team will communicate through PLAYERSPACE, a web-based platform that provides convenient access to schedules, practice times and team information and notifications concerning schedule changes. Please ensure we have your email address on file.
- Please bring a water bottle and wear sunscreen.
- Food, drink (other than water) and chewing gum are not allowed inside the gymnasium.
Questions: Contact Annmarie Clifford, [email protected] or (619) 462-9622.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.