SWIM AT THE Y!
AQUATICS – FACILITIES & PROGRAMS
Swim programs at the Y of San Diego County help people thrive in and out of the water! Swimming is not only a healthy activity that exercises the entire body – it is also a skill that can both save lives and enrich them. The Y strives to help individuals of all ages learn how to swim, so they can stay safe around water and learn the skills needed to make swimming a lifelong pursuit for healthy living.
The Y has been the nation’s leader in swim instruction and water exercise for more than 100 years. Whether you’re looking for swim lessons, swim teams, aquatic exercise classes or just enjoy swimming laps, you’ll find what you’re looking for at one of our pools!
Use the quick links below to find information about our swim programming:
- Aquatic facilities: The YMCA of San Diego county has beautiful aquatic facilities that host a variety of programming for all ages. Learn more.
- Swim lessons: We offer swim lessons for all ages and abilities that help develop competency in swimming as well as confidence and endurance. Learn more about swim lesson options.
- Swim clinics: We offer swim clinics for all ages and abilities to help improve swimming technique as well as build stamina and skill. Learn more about our swim clinic options.
- Swim teams: YMCA swim teams offer a fun and challenging environment for youth swimmers who can already demonstrate the basic skills and are ready to take those skills to the next level! View all our competitive swim teams.
- Masters Swim: The YMCA's Masters swim program is a structured lap swim workout designed to help avid swimmers of various skill levels improve their stroke, form, ability, endurance and stamina. Learn more about our Masters Swim program.
- Water exercise: Take your workout to the pool with a low-impact or challenging water exercise class! From Aqua Fit to Aqua Zumba, we offer a variety of class options led by engaging instructors. View all water exercise classes.
AQUATIC FACILITY FAQ
- Are the pools heated at the Y?
- Yes! Enjoy heated pools at all competition/lap and recreation pools at all Y aquatic facilities! Our recreation/family swim pools are heated pools kept to 82° to 90° all year, with the lap/competition pools kept at cooler temperatures for more vigorous exercise. Still cold? Soak and socialize as you warm up in a sauna, spa or hot tub, located at various Ys throughout San Diego County.
- Is the pool open at the Y near me?
- Find a Y near you and visit their home page to review their pool schedule.
- What pools are available at the Y?
- Whether you are looking to do casual laps, join a group fitness class or learn to swim, the YMCA of San Diego County has you covered with a range of recreational and family, lap and competition pools of various sizes, including indoor heated pools, outdoor shaded pools and outdoor heated pools. Learn more about all aquatic facilities.