POOLS ARE OPEN! RESERVE YOUR LANE NOW
Several of our YMCA aquatic centers are now open to members for swimming. Following guidelines from health experts and local officials, we have implemented a reservation system to manage capacity and ensure a safe experience for everyone.
YMCA pools open for swimming:
Cameron Family YMCA in Santee
Copley-Price Family YMCA in City Heights
Dan McKinney Family YMCA in La Jolla
Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA in Oceanside (Aug. 10)
Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA in Encinitas
McGrath Family YMCA in East County
Mission Valley YMCA
Rancho Family YMCA in Rancho Peñasquitos (Aug. 10)
Ryan Family YMCA in Point Loma (Aug. 10)
Toby Wells YMCA in Kearny Mesa
South Bay Family YMCA
Per County of San Diego guidelines, we are not offering swimming lessons, water exercise classes or open swim at this time. Spas, splash pads, saunas and steam rooms are not open. We’ll continue to update our programs and policies as new guidance becomes available.
READY TO GET COOL IN THE POOL?
Here’s what you need to know:
- Reservations are available at least seven days in advance.
- Log in to your My Y Account prior to making a reservation.
- You will reserve the entire lane, and you may share it with one other person from your household who is a member. Children 11 and under are not permitted to share your lane unless they’re on the YMCA Swim Team and can demonstrate independent swimming ability for the entire length of the pool.
- Manage your reservation — add it to your calendar, set up reminders, get a text alert, or reschedule/cancel.
- Arrive 10 minutes early and ready to swim — changing areas and/or showers may not be accessible.
- Check in at the pool deck.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you may forfeit your reservation. No-shows will accrue a $12 fee for each unused reservation.
Can’t find a reservation? Try another branch — some YMCAs have more availability than others.
Dan McKinney Family YMCA
Magdalena Ecke YMCA
Mission Valley YMCA
RULES, REMINDERS AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Members age 12 and older may reserve a lap lane or shallow zone but must be able to swim independently (without flotation assistance) at least 100 yards in deep water without stopping or resting at the wall.
- Children under the age of 12 are unable to swim in lap lanes or shallow zones unless they are on a YMCA swim team. Swim team members have demonstrated independent swimming ability. Note: The swimmer must be supervised by a parent or guardian on deck (pool-side) throughout the session.
- Most reservation blocks are 45 minutes. We have some 30-minute options.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your reservation, and check in at the pool deck.
- Reservations are forfeited 10 minutes after start time.
- No-shows will accrue a $12 no-show fee for each unused reservation. You can change or cancel your reservation up to three hours before your start time by using the links in your reservation confirmation email or by logging into your My Y account.
- Lanes are assigned upon arrival on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are for a time slot, not a specific lane.
- Use your lane to swim, water walk, float or exercise. Some branches will offer shallow zones that are for water walking or aerobics.
- To maintain air flow, the retractable roof and some windows and doors will remain open at our covered pools.
- Members must wear a face covering while entering the facility, in the locker rooms and while waiting on the deck for their reservation.
- Pull buoys, kick boards and lifejackets are available to use during your swim time. These items will be disinfected before and after each use.
Visit our contact page for branch phone numbers and an email contact form.
We'll be happy to assist you in any way we can.