Private Swim Lessons
Enjoy the flexibility of private or semi-private swim lessons at the YMCA. Private lessons are a great way to improve swimming skills and water safety techniques at any level. These 30-minute lessons provide individualized and unique attention to suit your personal needs. Our certified swim instructors will help you progress at your own pace while enhancing your skills and improving your overall endurance level.
On or before 12/15/2020
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
An instructor can spend more time with a student in private one-on-one lessons, helping them overcome obstacles which may require more time or dedication than a standard swim lesson.
Private Lessons: 1 instructor per 1 participant
SEMI-PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
Semi-private swim lesson provide the option to learn with a friend while still enjoying the personalized attention and focus of a dedicated instructor at a reduced cost.
Semi-Private Lessons: 1 instructor per 2 participants of the same household.
To register for semi-private lessons, please call our Business Center Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 7:00pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00am to 1:00pm at (858) 514-4411. Online registrations are not available for this program.
- Classes are open to Y members and participants.
- Registrations will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
- No refunds will be given once the session has started.
Expectations and Safety:
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the class start time.
- Swimmers arrive in their suits ready to swim.
- Swim goggles recommended.
- Please feel free to bring your own swim toys to the lessons.
- Designated seating for swim parents (limit one parent to one swimmer).
- Swimmers signing up for a semi-private swim lesson MUST be part of the same household to be able to register together.
- Instuctors will wear a face shield during the lessons.