The HIRE program has officially expanded to include Black and African-American-identifying students in the 14-21 year old range!
Youth must be unemployed or underemployed and identifies having a barrier to employment and/or low income. We can also enroll youth who are obtaining their GED or are enrolled in alternative schools.
We offer a paid internship opportunity in the career field of the youth’s choice, work readiness courses, supportive services (work clothes, bus passes, etc.), and more! Our goal is to help these young people develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in the workforce.
- Ages 16–24
- Identifies as Black
- Not in school
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Identifies having a barrier to employment and/or low income
How we can support you
- Deciding what career is right for you
- With starting school or a certificate program
- Finding a temporary job or internship
- Finding a long-term job
- Connecting with a mentor
- And much more!
Have questions? Let us know!
Funded by the San Diego Workforce Partnership