As parents and caregivers, we may find it difficult to talk about current events and explain exactly why we have to cancel play dates, stay home from school, and avoid the playground. While schools are closed and families find themselves spending more time together, we have an opportunity to make memories with our children and share a message of hope in these unprecedented times. We invite you and your children to participate in a nurturing activity in partnership with ArtReach, a local nonprofit dedicated to bringing arts education to all students in San Diego.
We hope you will take a moment to spread this this message of connection and positivity by following their instructions below:
ArtReach Rainbows Activity
Below you will find a template that has a rainbow, taken from and ArtReach student-made shape from the Carson Elementary Mural. If you have a printer, you can print it out. If not, you can open it up on your computer and trace it. Or you can draw your own rainbow shape.
- Fill with color using any medium you love (markers, paint, crayons, etc.)
- Cut out your rainbow
- Write a word on your rainbow you wish to share to your community
- Write a sentence on the back you wish to remind yourself or share with your family
- Post your rainbow in a window where people can see your message
- Take a photo and tag #ArtReachRainbows, @artreachsd and @ymcayfs
*Click the image above to print out your template*