We're back with our 2nd annual Teen Holiday Giveback event, and we need YOUR support to make it even more spectacular than last year.
What's it all about?
Our Teen Holiday Giveback runs alongside the heartwarming Annual Toys for Tots holiday events at the Jackie Robinson Family YMCA. This special occasion is tailored for youth aged 12-18, offering them a joyous and age-appropriate holiday celebration they'll cherish forever.
Be a Part of the Magic
You can make a difference in their lives in several ways:
- Donate Large Raffle Prizes: Theme park tickets, zoo membesrship, gift baskets, etc.
- Gift Cards Galore: Apple, Google Play, Roblox, and favorite food places.
- Wrapping Paper and Supplies
- Monetary Gifts: Your monetary gifts will be thoughtfully used to purchase gifts and supplies, ensuring every teen has a memorable holiday.
More Ways to Make an Impact
Don't miss the chance to be part of something extraordinary:
- Volunteer: Be the guiding light that brings this event to life!
- Host a Booth: Showcase your organization or crafty skills by hosting a booth.
- Amazon Wishlist: Check out our Amazon Wishlist and select items you'd like to contribute. It's a breeze! Check out our Wishlist!
How it all started
The 1st holiday teen giveback event was last December 2022. The event was sponsored by the YMCA Youth and Family Services (YFS) department to give back to the community. The event was initially designed to include youth of all ages; however, we quickly realized that within the YMCA, there were many “Toys for Tots” events already taking place. After collaborating with the Jackie Robinson YMCA, we learned that the older youth rarely get “as cool” or “age appropriate” gift options. We believe our teens deserve to feel excited about the gifts they receive as well. YFS partnered with the Jackie Robinson YMCA to create an age appropriate teens only event and was able to serve 200+ adolescents between ages 12-17.
We are very excited to bring this event back this year and we hope to make the event even bigger AND better! We are hoping to serve 500 youth this year!
– Tiana Hopkins, LCSW, Positive Youth Development Director
To volunteer or host a booth, please email Tiana Hopkins to sign up and get approved by November 17!
Thank you for being a part of our Teen Holiday Giveback event. Together, we will make this holiday season extraordinary for every teen, one gift and smile at a time!