YOU ASKED, WE LISTENED:
EXPANDING OUR SERVICES
Border View Family YMCA
We are excited to announce that on February 19, 2022, the Border View Family YMCA will expand our offerings and launch an innovative and sustainable YMCA-based center that provides accessible services, resources and support to meet community needs. We will begin reintroducing group exercise classes and offer additional on-site community support services. As we move forward together, we plan to reopen the Border View Family YMCA in a phased approach and provide a safe place for youth, adults and families that fosters connection and increases access to a wide range of services.
Over the past two years, the COVID-19 pandemic crisis has challenged and impacted us all. As the pandemic hit and we were forced to make dramatic shifts, our mission and commitment to addressing critical needs and strengthening the Y’s impact in our community never changed. The Border View Family YMCA has been serving South County for nearly 40 years, and in 2020, we adapted to serve the community in new and meaningful ways.
We quickly pivoted to provide the following:
- A COVID-19 vaccine superstation and testing site.
- A storage and distribution center for PPE and cleaning supplies for child care providers in the community.
- Monthly enrollment events for families accessing subsidized child care.
- A place to host Chula Vista Learning Community Charter School and Montgomery middle school students.
- A hub for administrative staff serving local expanded learning programs, including San Ysidro School District and Chula Vista Elementary School District.
- Special events.
NEW AT BORDER VIEW FAMILY Y
Expanded offerings include group exercise classes and additional on-site community support services.
Group Exercise Schedule (Weekly):
- Exercise Lite: 8:30-9:25am
- Zumba: 9:30-10:25am
- HIIT: 5:30-6:25pm
- Zumba: 6:30-7:25pm
- HIIT: 8:30-9:25am
- Zumba: 9:30-10:25am
- Zumba: 5:30-6:25pm
- Cardio/Strength: 6:30-7:25pm
- Strength: 9:00-9:55am
- Zumba: 10:00-11:00am
- Free Behavior Support Consultation Services for caregivers seeking support for challenging behaviors in children ages 0-8 (virtual and on-site).
- Free onsite tax assistance: If you earned less than $58,000, you might be eligible for free tax preparation services. Call 2-1-1 or visit 211’s website for more information. Appointments and walk-ins at the Border View Family YMCA:
- Thursdays (February 17 - April 14): 4:00-7:00pm
- Saturday, March 12: 11:00am-1:00pm
- We are partnering with San Diego for Every Child to provide benefits counseling onsite. For more information, visit sandiegoforeverychild.org or contact Christie Yorty for more information, [email protected].
- Community Listening Sessions: We encourage community members to share their ideas, preferences and perspectives at our Community Listening Sessions.
- Conmigo Project: We are partnering with San Diego State University Research Foundation to work with Latina mothers and their daughters to increase physical activity, mother-daughter communication and other areas of health and wellness.
- Parent engagement and education sessions.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month (April): Stay tuned for upcoming events and activities.
- Mental Health Awareness Month (May): Stay tuned for upcoming events and activities about mind/body stress reduction and emotional well-being.
- Day Pass: $8 - Pay as you go! Includes access to one group exercise class. Available for purchase in-person at the branch.
- Class Pass: $28/month - Available beginning in March 2022. Ensure your spot in your favorite class is reserved! Includes one class at the same time, on the same day each week (4 classes/month). During months where there are five classes in the month, the class pass will be $35. Get your class pass online.
New lower prices! Members will have access to all 14 YMCA locations in San Diego County, all group exercise classes, the Virtual Y library of live and on-demand fitness classes and the computer lab in the Border View Family YMCA lobby.
- Adult: $39/month
- Dual: $69/month
- Family I: $62/month
- Family II: $79/month
- Senior: $35/month
- Teen/Young Adult: $25/month
- Virtual: $9.99/month
During this first phase of the reopening, family locker rooms and single-use restrooms will be available. Unfortunately, locker rooms, showers, Child Watch, the fitness center and pool will remain closed at this time. We are working hard to expand our services and amenities and will keep you updated. We look forward to welcoming you back!