We develop cause-driven leaders that work together to make an impact every day. As San Diego’s seventh largest employer, and the second largest YMCA in the United States, you’ll find rewarding opportunities at every level of your Y career to help make a Better Us.
Career Search Quicklinks
Below are links to our most popular open career listings for easy access:
- Day Camp Careers
- Child and Youth Development Careers: Before and After School
- Aquatics Careers (incl. Lifeguards)
- Overnight Camp Positions
- Preschool Careers
Virtual Hiring Events
Have you wanted to work for the YMCA but for whatever reason could not make it to one of our in-person hiring events? Attendees will learn about open positions and have an opportunity to apply for roles.
- Overnight Camp - Tuesday, May 10 at 5:00pm
- Camp Virtual Interviews - Wednesday, May 11 at 1-5:00pm
- Camp Virtual Interviews - Thursday, May 12 at 1-5:00pm
- Overnight Camp - Monday, May 23 at 5:00pm
Lifeguards, Pool Managers, Swim Coaches and More
Whether you're looking to help save lives as a lifeguard, teach kids how to move and be safe in the water as a friendly and encouraging swim lesson instructor, or be a motivating and instructive swim team coach, the YMCA has the aquatics job for you!
We Invest in You
Employee Training and Education Programs
The YMCA of San Diego County is dedicated to helping our team members reach their professional goals and feel valued in the work they do. We believe in developing cause-driven leaders through:
- A comprehensive leadership development and certification system that promotes learning at all stages of your careers.
- Bridge the Gap – a mentor-based program focused on developing part-time staff of underrepresented demographics
- Association Mentor Program – Designed to develop our next generation of leadership by finding seasoned mentors to assist with career development
- Multicultural Development Program – Career development for multicultural staff
- Employee resource groups – created for staff of diverse backgrounds and experiences
A Healthy Work/Life Balance
We are committed to supporting a healthy lifestyle for each employee and their family. Employees of the YMCA receive:
- A complimentary family membership with access to all YMCA locations across San Diego County
- Up to 30% off all YMCA programs
- Comprehensive options for medical, dental and vision coverage — including a Health Savings Account
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave and personal days off
- YMCA 401k Retirement Plan — 12% of your annual salary will be funded into your Retirement Plan by the YMCA after 2 years