Renew Active, available through UnitedHealthcare Medicare plans, provides a waived join fee and a senior individual membership at no cost.
Welcome to the YMCA — Join One, Join All
Throughout the pandemic, we have updated our practices and procedures to to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene for our members, staff and the community. View our safety policies for more information.
MAY IS MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH
FREE ACCESS TO THE Y FOR AGES 13-24
The YMCA of San Diego County is taking part in a community-wide campaign to raise awareness for the youth mental health crisis and offer direct support to children, youth, parents and caregivers across San Diego County.
Throughout the month of May, our Y is free and open to young people between the ages of 13-24. Sign up today at one of our branch locations.
BEFORE YOU VISIT
You must be a San Diego County resident who has not visited the Y in the last six months. All visitors to the Y must fill out a waiver, and those under age 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. ID required. Waivers:
A HEALTHY COMMUNITY IS A CONNECTED COMMUNITY
Mental health is no less important than our physical health. In fact, good mental health is an essential ingredient to our overall well-being. View additional information and connections to resources and relationships are how we build a healthier, more resilient and more fulfilled future.
WHY THE Y
Join the Y and support a movement dedicated to building stronger and more connected communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Whether you're a longtime fitness expert or a health seeker looking for guidance, the Y can provide you with the tools you need to succeed, all in a safe and supportive environment that feels like home.
With hundreds of programs and group exercise classes happening all week at our 14 different locations throughout San Diego County, achieving your health and wellness goals have never been easier. That's because when you join one Y, you join them all!
- Access to our 14 different locations throughout San Diego County.
- Unlimited free group exercise classes with hundreds of options, including Pilates, Zumba, BODYPUMP, yoga, indoor cycling and water fitness.
- State-of-the-art fitness centers with circuit training and free weights.
- Wellness staff are available to answer questions on fitness, machine use, group exercise classes and more. The Y is here to make you comfortable and support your wellness journey.
- Indoor and outdoor pools, spas and splash pads at select YMCA branches.
- Child Watch is available to families for children ages 2-9 years old for just $20 a month.
- Up to 25% off programs and early access for paid programs for the whole family to enjoy, like camp, youth sports, swim lessons and hundreds of other programs!
- Unlimited access to live and on-demand virtual exercise classes taught by your favorite instructors on our Virtual YMCA.
- Free or discounted family events like Flick 'N Float (our dive-in movie) or Parents' Night Out.
Not ready to join just yet? Check us out with this free two-day guest pass!
Support for the Military
The Y is proud to offer membership support to our military families. In appreciation for those who serve our country, we will waive the join fee and provide 10% off monthly membership dues to active, veteran and retired military who join the YMCA. Learn more about support available to military families.