Our approach to learning is based on the Creative Curriculum, which focuses on responding to children’s learning styles and building on their strengths and interests. Learning is a natural process occurring through self-directed experience, but optimized by a supportive environment as well as positive interaction with adults.
The teachers facilitate these interests by mindfully setting up learning centers in their environment with materials and experiences where children can investigate and make discoveries, while expressing them through art, dramatic play, and social interactions. Our teachers use observation and documentation of the children to research interests, make learning visible for parents, and assess the development of our children.
Participating Preschool Locations
- Central Infant Preschool: Copley-Price Family YMCA - (619) 280-9622
- Central Toddler Preschool: Copley-Price Family YMCA - (619) 280-9622
- Copley-Price Preschool: Copley-Price Family YMCA - (619) 280-9622
- Ecke Preschool: Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA - (760) 942-9622
- Flora Vista Preschool: Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA - (760) 942-9622
- La Jolla Preschool: Dan McKinney Family YMCA - (858) 453-3483
- Ryan Preschool: Ryan Family YMCA - (619) 226-8888
- Toby Wells Preschool: Toby Wells YMCA - (858) 496-9622
- Preschool at Vista Square Elementary: South Bay Family YMCA - (619) 421-9622
Need Help Paying for Preschool?
Thanks to our generous donors, the YMCA offers financial aid for our child care programs through our YMCA Scholarships.
Apply for a YMCA Scholarship today and see if you qualify.
View All Preschool Programs