CHILD CARE REFERRALS
We are committed to supporting families in their search for quality, affordable and convenient child care options. Funded by the California Department of Education, Child Development Division, YMCA Childcare Resource Service offers free child care referrals and resources to families in San Diego County so parents and guardians can make informed decisions about child care.
Child care centers and family child care homes are licensed and inspected by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. We receive monthly updates of active, licensed child care programs and include them in our referrals. Because every situation and family needs are unique, we do not make recommendations regarding individual providers.
For More Information
We recommend families call the local Community Care Licensing office at (619) 767-2200 to schedule an appointment to review the licensing history and substantiated complaints of childcare providers
If you have questions or need more referrals, please contact the child care referral line at 1-800-481-2151 or e-mail [email protected]. Confidentiality of families and children is maintained at all times.
You can also make an appointment to visit our Resource Library of books, videos and print materials on a variety parenting and child development topics.
Child Care Resources for COVID-19
During the COVID-19 global pandemic, the YMCA is more determined than ever to lift up our communities by connecting families to supportive resources and services that ensure their well-being — all while following public health guidelines by maintaining social distancing and utilizing digital methods of communication.
- Local Child Care Referrals: To conduct a thorough search of daycare and child care programs in San Diego County, visit our Child Care Referral online search here.
- State-wide Child Care Referrals: To search the state-wide list of child care programs, visit mychildcare.ca.gov.
- Emergency Child Care Vouchers for Essential Service Workers: During the COVID-19 crisis, essential workers in San Diego County may be eligible for financial support towards child care payments in order to continue working and protecting our community. To find out more, visit San Diego for Every Child.
- Enhanced Child Care Referrals: The Y is offering enhanced child care referral services to help essential critical infrastructure workers, health care workers, and first responders find licensed daycare and child care in San Diego County. Learn more about Enhanced Child Care Referrals here.
- Community Resources: Our social service staff has put together a list of local resources and community partners we're using to support youth and families during this time. View community resources here.
- Financial Assistance for Child Care Providers: As our community turns to essential service personnel in this crisis, these professionals rely on child care providers to continue working. Find financial assistance resources for child care providers here.
- COVID-19 Information from California State Government
- COVID-19 Information from San Diego City Government